• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Caisson's Products at HiveWire 3D

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Was just playing with parts of Gogmagog.....the log only in this image as a small island in a pond. Superfly render, just played with the diffuse on the log a bit with color.

GogmagogPond.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Hey @Lyne, and anyone else that's interested, Traci (Glitterati) had posted about a month ago on the SM Poser forum about a nifty little Python script that tidies up the Material Room nodes. The script was created by Structure, but it isn't available in his Renderosity Freebies page, so Traci had posted, with his permission, a link to it on her Dropbox, and she just gave me permission to post the link here.

Structure's Node Tidier Script

This can be installed in the Runtime\Python\poserScripts\ScriptsMenu folder. I just created a folder called Node Tidier, and saved the Python script there. It will then be accessible from Poser's Scripts Menu dropdown list. There are four options to choose from, so you can do one at a time, or all 4 at once. The real beauty of this script is it works on ALL matzones at once, so you just need to select one matzone, and they'll all be fixed. What a time saver.

If anyone's interested, I'm also going to throw up a page on my site, which I will eventually link to, with some screenshots of how it works.

Edited to Add: OK, for anyone who wants to see some screenshots, here you go -->
Structure's Node Tidier Screenshots

Needless to say, this will not be perfect on procedural materials that have a couple dozen or more nodes, but it does help with those that don't have that many, but are just spread out all over.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Welcome to the Hive Caisson!!! Great product! Off to add it to my cart now!

caisson

Admirable
Contributing Artist
Wow, awesome renders everyone - & thank you so much for the support, it means a lot!

@Satira Capriccio, thanks for posting those screenshots. I did find PP2012 on my system, which was the last version I bought (have been running beta versions since then) but I get a straight CTD unfortunately.

The Poser Ground materials should be usable in PP2014 - the ground texture is a seamless tile in a single mt5 material so can be applied to anything with UV's. The skies can be loaded onto bagginsbill's free EnvDome - look in the material room & load the sky textures by clicking Image_Source on the node labelled Panoramic Image. This will open the Texture Manager dialog - click browse & locate the skies (default path is Runtime/Textures/Caisson/Poser Ground). Screenshot below from P11 (PP2014 will be the same apart from the two little tick boxes on the root node) -

EnvDome.PNG

tparo

Engaged
QAV-BEE
Now that I'm live at the Hive, hello all!

I'll be using this thread to show things I'm working on as well as finished products.

Comments, questions, & constructive criticisms are very welcome!

-------------------

Gogmagog was the mythical last giant of Albion, & is my first release at Hivewire. From standing on a cold Norfolk beach trying to capture my first panoramic skies to figuring out how to make screen recordings it's been an interesting if sometimes frustrating journey to get here; think I'll kick off my boots & unwind a little if that's alright ...

For the video demonstration of Gogmagog, click here.

Are there any plans to do this for DS please, would really love to see that.

Were you in Norfolk just to get the skies or do you live around there.

caisson

Admirable
Contributing Artist
Oh, I live & work in Norfolk though I'm aiming to move again when I can. I miss hills ;)

I'm afraid I won't be doing a DS version - I've nothing against DS, I just don't have enough time to put into learning it to do it justice! However, the set is obj files textured using the PBR Metal/Rough workflow. The only 'fancy' shader is the plants which have translucency, the rest of the shaders are very simple. I've had the base props loaded up in Substance, Knald & Modo Indie (with the Unreal shader) OK so conversion to Iray *should* be possible.

tparo

Engaged
QAV-BEE
Thanks shame but I do understand converting mats isn't really a problem for me, I don't really tend to buy Poser only stuff but I do have some of your other products from when they were at RDNA, and they are excellent so I'll make an exception when I have the money.

I live in Norfolk about six miles outside Norwich, I rather like the flatness, the problem with hills is you have walk up them as well as down.

caisson

Admirable
Contributing Artist
@tparo - thank you, my RDNA products were made a while ago so I'm hoping to improve on them ;) The skies are just JPEG's - although that means the overall exposure can't be adjusted in Superfly (which doesn't really have the tools to take advantage of HDRI yet), they are high enough resolution at 16k to allow for those changes to be made in an editor after rendering without artefacts being a major issue.

Norwich is about 15 miles away from me, but I spent years living in Edinburgh & grew up in Sussex in the shadow of the South Downs. It still feels strange not to look out onto hills!

tparo

Engaged
QAV-BEE
@tparo - thank you, my RDNA products were made a while ago so I'm hoping to improve on them ;) The skies are just JPEG's - although that means the overall exposure can't be adjusted in Superfly (which doesn't really have the tools to take advantage of HDRI yet), they are high enough resolution at 16k to allow for those changes to be made in an editor after rendering without artefacts being a major issue.

Norwich is about 15 miles away from me, but I spent years living in Edinburgh & grew up in Sussex in the shadow of the South Downs. It still feels strange not to look out onto hills!

Thanks I did get the set and should have the chance to do get it set up for Iray and do a render in the next couple of days.

I grew up in Norfolk so are use to the lack of hills, and am rather fond of the flatness and miles of fields.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
oh, great job, tparo! That is beautiful!

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Hey @Lyne, and anyone else that's interested, Traci (Glitterati) had posted about a month ago on the SM Poser forum about a nifty little Python script that tidies up the Material Room nodes. The script was created by Structure, but it isn't available in his Renderosity Freebies page, so Traci had posted, with his permission, a link to it on her Dropbox, and she just gave me permission to post the link here.

Structure's Node Tidier Script

This can be installed in the Runtime\Python\poserScripts\ScriptsMenu folder. I just created a folder called Node Tidier, and saved the Python script there. It will then be accessible from Poser's Scripts Menu dropdown list. There are four options to choose from, so you can do one at a time, or all 4 at once. The real beauty of this script is it works on ALL matzones at once, so you just need to select one matzone, and they'll all be fixed. What a time saver.

If anyone's interested, I'm also going to throw up a page on my site, which I will eventually link to, with some screenshots of how it works.

Edited to Add: OK, for anyone who wants to see some screenshots, here you go -->
Structure's Node Tidier Screenshots

Needless to say, this will not be perfect on procedural materials that have a couple dozen or more nodes, but it does help with those that don't have that many, but are just spread out all over.

THANKS SOOOO MUCH!!

Miss B

CV-BEE
Oh glad you found my post. It works a treat Lyne, and I think it's just what you may need.

Just be aware it's not ideal for shaders with a lot of nodes, as they wind up one on top of the other, if all 4 selections are checked.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Well I actually downloaded your page to learn/study how to use it...and I know how to move nodes too, if needed. :)

Miss B

CV-BEE
Well I actually downloaded your page to learn/study how to use it...and I know how to move nodes too, if needed. :)
Then you're set Lyne. Between the two methods you'll find what's the easiest way for you to get it accomplished. ;)