• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Building my portfolio

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Simply fabulous Dan! Totally reminds me of my time diving in the Great Barrier reef. (though I don't look anything like a mermaid:)

Dan30

Adventurous
Thank you kindly everyone, I had a lot of fun creating that image. I am really glad you like it so much.:thankyou:

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
What an inspiring thread! I don't know how I have missed it for so long. @Dan30 your artwork is stunning! Thank you for sharing your portfolio with us here at the Hive. I am looking forward to seeing what else you create!

Dan30

Adventurous
My submission for the 12th Annual Open Rendering Season Contest 2018. Unlike last year, this render I wanted to be a harsh reminder of the tragedy caused to the marine environment and its wildlife by our mindless and irresponsible garbage pollution, especially plastic pollution. It is not meant to be a nice image, but a close depiction of a sad reality of our days.
I named it "Surviving the Garbage Tide" I hope this will inspire other contest participants in making more meaningful and on the environment protection topic renders. Here it is:
upload_2018-6-13_4-1-54.jpeg

Stezza

Dances with Bees
great render... is that a morphing net?

and where did you get it from.. been looking for a good one for ages or did you model it?

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
wow Dan, that's awesome (and kinda on the same wavelength as the one I just finished rendering, now I don't think I'll submit it)

Dan30

Adventurous
Thank you so much, I've been having an overwhelmingly positive response for my image. Surely, it has to do with the message I am trying to reiterate. And I am quite glad it did, showing once more how much conveying a good, strong idea matters in art.
I look forward to see what will other contest participants come up with.

Dan30

Adventurous
Thank you kindly Pen. Glad to see my progress is noticed and is not just in my imagination.:thankyou: Still a long way to go...