Building my portfolio

Discussion in 'It's About the Art!' started by Dan30, Oct 1, 2016.

1. Dan30

Dan30 Adventurous

@NapalmArsenal Thank you, glad you like it! I thought you would...;) Actually , the shark is Alessandro's old one. The new one was just released today and didn't buy it yet...and in anticipation, couldn't wait and made this scene. I even watched the movie again.:laugh: And enjoyed it like the first time.

2. NapalmArsenal

NapalmArsenal Dances with Bees Contributing Artist

Ah they tend to play it frequently on Stars !! I may have to catch it again too ah and Jaws on AMC. Got you on the shark !! Love the scene!! =) wonderfully executed !!

Dan30 likes this.
  3. Dan30

Dan30 Adventurous

This image was created last month and entered into the Renderosity's "The night before Christmas" contest. It ended up the second prize winner in the 3D category.
    I named it "Last check before delivery" and I wanted to share it with you ,wishing the entire Hivewire3D community a Happy New Year!!!

upload_2018-1-7_11-32-35.jpeg View attachment 33872

LisaB, Lyne, FairyFantastic and 7 others like this.
  4. mininessie

mininessie Dances with Bees Contributing Artist

a great scene!

Dan30 likes this.
  5. Hornet3d

Hornet3d Distinguished

Absolutely stunning, second prize !! ...Well the winner must have been something really special because this is brilliant. I love the warmth of the lighting which gives this a particular seasonal glow and the stunning detail included, right down the the reindeer looking in the window. A lovely concept expertly created, very well done.

Dan30 likes this.
  6. Miss B

Miss B Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time CV-BEE

I have to agree with Hornet, as that's an amazing piece of work. ;)

Dan30 likes this.
  7. Alisa

Alisa Peacekeeper & HW3D QAV Queen Bee Staff Member QAV-BEE

Really nice, Dan, and a well earned CONGRATS. Happy New Year to you as well!

8. Flint_Hawk

Flint_Hawk Noteworthy

That is an amazing scene! Fantastic details! Congratulations!

Dan30 likes this.
  9. FairyFantastic

FairyFantastic Energetic

great work hun

Dan30 likes this.
  10. JOdel

JOdel Extraordinary HW Honey Bear

That is absolutely gorgeous.

Dan30 likes this.
  11. Dan30

Dan30 Adventurous

Thank you so much everyone. I am delighted you like it.

12. NapalmArsenal

Congratulations!! =) I thought it might of had your flair to it, but was not 100% for sure. You tend to do things for a while and your style gets recognizable. GORGEOUS! Image BTW love the lighting and the expressions. Thanks for the share Dan you do such superb work!! Happy New Year to you as well!!

13. Dan30

Dan30 Adventurous

@NapalmArsenal Thank you for the congrats and the kind words. Had no idea I have a recognizable style.:) Glad you like it!:thankyou:

NapalmArsenal likes this.
  14. NapalmArsenal

It's the way you set your lighting up that sort of gives it away.

15. Dan30

Dan30 Adventurous

I wanted to do a scene with the dog using a nice environment I had, some sort of unfinished...And I came up with this idea of a mishap in the woods.
    I called it - Bad ending in the day of a park ranger - You may like it. ;) ( Added it to my galleries as well )

upload_2018-2-26_12-3-14.jpeg

16. Hornet3d

Hornet3d Distinguished

I do like it, it has a real quality to the whole scene. Dog looks just as stuck for ideas as the Ranger.

Dan30 likes this.
  17. mininessie

mininessie Dances with Bees Contributing Artist

awww...great one!!!
    it tells a story!

Dan30 likes this.
  18. Miss B

Miss B Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time CV-BEE

It looks great Dan. :)

Dan30 likes this.
  19. Dan30

Dan30 Adventurous

Missing the sea lately, I wanted to create a catchy underwater scene and raise my personal bar in the same time. It is also a personal "record" in terms of render time - 20 hours - as I made it higher definition and I wanted all the detail of transparency, scattering and caustics to come through nicely. I personally like what I managed to accomplish, and I hope the viewers will do too...
    Named it "Chasing fish through the reef" . (Mind you, this is a lush, healthy reef of old. Whoever did some sort of diving in a reef knows what I am talking about). So please enjoy and thank you for viewing.

upload_2018-3-29_0-44-10.jpeg

kobaltkween, LisaB, Pendraia and 5 others like this.
  20. Satira Capriccio

Satira Capriccio Distinguished CV-BEE Contributing Artist

Absolutely lovely!