• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Building my portfolio

Dan30

Adventurous
@NapalmArsenal Thank you, glad you like it! I thought you would...;) Actually , the shark is Alessandro's old one. The new one was just released today and didn't buy it yet...and in anticipation, couldn't wait and made this scene. I even watched the movie again.:laugh: And enjoyed it like the first time.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Ah they tend to play it frequently on Stars !! I may have to catch it again too ah and Jaws on AMC. Got you on the shark !! Love the scene!! =) wonderfully executed !!

Dan30

Adventurous
This image was created last month and entered into the Renderosity's "The night before Christmas" contest. It ended up the second prize winner in the 3D category.
I named it "Last check before delivery" and I wanted to share it with you ,wishing the entire Hivewire3D community a Happy New Year!!!

upload_2018-1-7_11-32-35.jpeg
View attachment 33872

Hornet3d

Wise
This image was created last month and entered into the Renderosity's "The night before Christmas" contest. It ended up the second prize winner in the 3D category.
I named it "Last check before delivery" and I wanted to share it with you ,wishing the entire Hivewire3D community a Happy New Year!!!

View attachment 33873View attachment 33872

Absolutely stunning, second prize !! ...Well the winner must have been something really special because this is brilliant. I love the warmth of the lighting which gives this a particular seasonal glow and the stunning detail included, right down the the reindeer looking in the window. A lovely concept expertly created, very well done.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Really nice, Dan, and a well earned CONGRATS. Happy New Year to you as well!

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist

View attachment 33873View attachment 33872
Congratulations!! =) I thought it might of had your flair to it, but was not 100% for sure. You tend to do things for a while and your style gets recognizable. GORGEOUS! Image BTW love the lighting and the expressions. Thanks for the share Dan you do such superb work!! Happy New Year to you as well!!

Hornet3d

Wise
I wanted to do a scene with the dog using a nice environment I had, some sort of unfinished...And I came up with this idea of a mishap in the woods.
I called it - Bad ending in the day of a park ranger - You may like it. ;) ( Added it to my galleries as well )

View attachment 35389

I do like it, it has a real quality to the whole scene. Dog looks just as stuck for ideas as the Ranger.

Dan30

Adventurous
Missing the sea lately, I wanted to create a catchy underwater scene and raise my personal bar in the same time. It is also a personal "record" in terms of render time - 20 hours - as I made it higher definition and I wanted all the detail of transparency, scattering and caustics to come through nicely. I personally like what I managed to accomplish, and I hope the viewers will do too...
Named it "Chasing fish through the reef" . (Mind you, this is a lush, healthy reef of old. Whoever did some sort of diving in a reef knows what I am talking about). So please enjoy and thank you for viewing.

upload_2018-3-29_0-44-10.jpeg