• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Bruna For Dawn

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Funny you should mention Marilyn. I have a morph I made for Dawn called Marilyn and that will be released as well in time....

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Well I mean she looks Marilyn with out looking Marilyn... dunno if that makes sense but shrug! I like her look.

My brother has freckles because he is a redhead and he even has them on the tip of his nose. When he is out in the sun in his pool for long periods he sometimes gets them on his lips and eyelids (lol) , but I like that you removed it.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Yea, freckles are per person. I used to be really full of freckles but as I aged they went away.

So took me some doing but got the Portia hair properly refitted to Dawn. Not tried any of Dawn's head morphs with it yet but looks great on her. This kinda shows what the makeup looks like on her default shape anyways. I can't figure out how to get the morphs from the original hair prop transferred into the refitted Portia as this was exported as an obj and brought back in and transferred like that because every attempt to use the transfer utility on the one built for V4 was a mess, tried like 6 times with various settings. Finally figured out the right way to export the prop as an OBJ, I had to reassign the group's via the surfaces so applying the mat options would work properly. It all worked out but I'd really like to get the movement and style morphs transferred over. I've always loved the Portia hair.

Anyway, had a good day working on the skin and basic mat settings... I'll have some time this weekend to get things looking even better hopefully!

PortiaHairDawn-BrunaMU.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
That's not one I've converted for Dawn as yet, and I use Netherworks Hair Conversion System, but it's Poser only, so not sure how the hair would work in the latest DS, though it probably would. Only the textures for it would be different. I happen to like that hair.

AHA, I just checked and it IS on my list of V4 hairs to convert for Dawn. One of these days.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Little time before work trying out various settings for iRay (really wish Poser would have gone that route or had an option for it.... ).

FaceN100-BodyN-25.jpg

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Beautiful Richard...do you have a V4 clone set up for Dawn? It makes doing the hair much easier to do...

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
She's coming along nicely. :) I like her.

-----------

Regarding the hair - I don't "convert" my hairs for use. I load them in with Dawn or Dusk in default/zero pose, and then I just parent the hair to the head. From there I can use the various translation, scale, rotation dials (and hair morphs if the hair has them) to get it fitted properly to their heads. The hair will stay on the head and follow the head when the figure is posed. For me, this is much easier than doing all sorts of fitting and cloned conversions.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
The reason I do use the clones is that I save the files as duf format and when you use the fit to as opposed to the parenting to the head they will also follow extreme morphs like Willow. I actually convert the hr2 hairs to this format as I find them easier to use. I only use parenting if I can't get the clone to work for some reason...it's very rare that happens though.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Yes, I have a clone made but it made no difference. IIRC there is something weird about HR2 files when converting some of them and this is apparently one of those so I just moved it into place and exported to ZBrush along with Dawn and did a proper fit and then saved it out as an OBJ, created the proper surface zones with matching names to make sure the MATS worked. There are no movement morphs but I'm actually OK with that for now.

Thanks for the comps. I'm working away at the internal maps (Disp, Bump, Normal, SSS and AO's) to make the skin look more realistic.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Here's some more work done on the skin tone quality using Bump, Displacement and AO maps to bring it all out. This is iRay rendering..

BrunaSkin-StillNeedsWork3.jpg
BrunaSkin-StillNeedsWork4.jpg

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Yea, finally got the scattering I was looking for and got the render settings about where they need to be BUT I ended up with a very sunburned Bruna! So waiting on the experts at DAZ forums for some more advice on what value to change, turn down or turn off! lol

PS. Alisa, can you please tap the forum coders on the shoulders and ask them to have the system remember browser prefs? I am put back to what ever default is set up for the software your running there at the Hive so I have to change back to the folder I want and change my thumbnails to large so I can see what I'm looking for. Thanks honey! HUGS
BrunaSkin-StillNeedsWork6.jpg

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
BUTT indeed! LOL Nice Donkey on your thread! Glute controls ?

I sort of like the coloring. It gives her sort of an Indian look and I don't mean Native American though probably not what you were looking for.

Last edited:

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Looking good Ram...love the new images.
Yes, I have a clone made but it made no difference. IIRC there is something weird about HR2 files when converting some of them and this is apparently one of those so I just moved it into place and exported to ZBrush along with Dawn and did a proper fit and then saved it out as an OBJ, created the proper surface zones with matching names to make sure the MATS worked. There are no movement morphs but I'm actually OK with that for now.

Thanks for the comps. I'm working away at the internal maps (Disp, Bump, Normal, SSS and AO's) to make the skin look more realistic.
I use your method for converting to HR2 files and so far most have worked but I have had one or two go funny. You should be able to transfer over the morphs using the transfer utility...

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
I haven't used that method in a long while now. I'll have to dig it up in my 3D notes folder

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
:cool:

Still talking to the folks on the DAZ forums in the iRay skin settings thread. Making some progress.... Little by little. This knowledge will serve me in my attempts to do other skin packs in the future so I take my time and stay patient with myself in learning as I go along! This is the latest test render and have a test makeup option applied to her....

BrunaMUIdea-01.jpg