• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED Body Type-4 for Dawn

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
After a less successful attempt, I have rebooted Type-4 from scratch, and this is the new shape. It's a different body, but still inspired on the Dead or Alive video game characters when it comes to volumes and proportions. She is also the first busty girl in the series.

Here you can see Type-4 in DS rendered with I-ray:

Promo_01_Main_1000x1300.jpg

Here's a comparison with the default Dawn:

Promo_04_600x800.jpg

Here you can see the body sculpt from all sides:

Promo_03_600x800.jpg

And finally, a Poser render with Superfly:

Promo_02_768x1024.jpg

I have sent the Poser+DS package for internal beta-testing today, and I am optimistic that everything is working properly.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
You mean you know someone who looks like a DOAX game character? That would cool! ^^

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Continuing the internal beta on Type-4. A lot of small things here and there needed retouching, and I am working hard to get it cleaned-up. Had to rework the evil shoulders shape, and ended up repositioning the shoulder bones for better posing. Going through the 2nd batch on beta-testing for the Poser version. Once I have it approved, I can proceed to update the DS version, which will reuse all the fixes I did on the Poser one, so hopefully it should be quicker. This cleanup on Type-4 has been quite educational for me, with some occasional AHA moments when I realize something I can do to prevent problems before they happen next time.

I have also worked some more on Type-6, which is extreme enough to become a real challenge. Makes me wonder if I am pushing it too far, but I guess I won't know until I do. No vertex was left untouched on this one. I will be proud if I can pull this off - both for me, and for Dawn for surviving it.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Started the 3rd round of beta-testing, now including the DS version, and I think we are getting close to the final package. I noticed that it's easier to do morph updates in Poser than it is in DS, because Poser PMD files contain ONLY the morphs, while DAZ Studio's DSF files also contain the rigging. So if I update the PMD in Poser, it preserves the rigging. In DS, it's all together in the same DSF file (morphs and rigging), so I loose the rigging when I update a morph. This is surprising, considering that DS was created 10 years after Poser, so they could had improved these things.

In addition, it doesn't seem to be possible in DS to update the joint positions once they are ERC frozen and saved. If you do that, it creates duplicates of the joints, instead of updating the existing ones. This creates the "Duplicated formula" error message in DS that some of you might have seen in the past. Since I cannot change animatable origins after they were saved, I have to hack the DSF file, manually calculate the joint position deltas, and type them directly in into the file. This is not for the faint of heart, and I wish DS could be more flexible on these things.

If you know an easier way to do those things in DS, please let me know. :)

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Completed the beta rounds, and submitted the product (PSR+DS) to the store today. It now awaits admission and subsequent QAV process.