1. We are upgrading to a 2.0 version of our forum as this 1.5 version is no longer supported. Please look at your bookmarks if you have them and note them in a text document as the import process for bookmarks may not work correctly. We will have bookmarks in the 2.0 version so you will be able to recreate whatever may be lost in the upgrade. Everything else appears to have come across fine in our initial tests. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

RELEASED Body Type-4 for Dawn

Discussion in 'Show Me The Honey' started by Ken1171, Aug 3, 2018.

1. Ken1171

Ken1171 Distinguished Contributing Artist

After a less successful attempt, I have rebooted Type-4 from scratch, and this is the new shape. It's a different body, but still inspired on the Dead or Alive video game characters when it comes to volumes and proportions. She is also the first busty girl in the series.

Here you can see Type-4 in DS rendered with I-ray:

Promo_01_Main_1000x1300.jpg

Here's a comparison with the default Dawn:

Promo_04_600x800.jpg

Here you can see the body sculpt from all sides:

Promo_03_600x800.jpg

And finally, a Poser render with Superfly:

Promo_02_768x1024.jpg

I have sent the Poser+DS package for internal beta-testing today, and I am optimistic that everything is working properly.

2. Miss B

Miss B Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time CV-BEE

Boy, you're really on a roll sir. ;)

3. Ken1171

haha I have these inspiration surges at random times, and that's when I get most productive. I have to work hard before it goes away. ;p

Dakorillon (IMArts) likes this.
  4. Dreamer

Dreamer Dream Weaver Designs Contributing Artist

Looks good, the scary thing is if she were a bit smaller up top I would think you had been looking over my back fence sir ;)

Riccardo and Ken1171 like this.
  5. Ken1171

You mean you know someone who looks like a DOAX game character? That would cool! ^^

6. Ken1171

Oh yeah, I am reposting this from the Dawn thread since it's pure Type-4 in there. :)

[​IMG]

Dakorillon (IMArts), Miss B and Me195 like this.
  7. Ken1171

I ended up making 2 main images: one in DS (I-ray, posted above at the top) and this new one in Poser (Superfly) below.

Promo_00_Main_1000x1300.jpg

8. Dreamer

LOL yeah a bit, me. All legs butt and bust, though not as much bust as your girl;)

Ken1171 likes this.
  9. Ken1171

So I guess Type-4 has to wear the "My Head Is Up Here" tshirt. LOL

Rowan54 likes this.
  10. Dreamer

Lol maybe

11. Miss B

Miss B Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time CV-BEE

:rofl:

Rowan54 likes this.
  12. Ken1171

Continuing the internal beta on Type-4. A lot of small things here and there needed retouching, and I am working hard to get it cleaned-up. Had to rework the evil shoulders shape, and ended up repositioning the shoulder bones for better posing. Going through the 2nd batch on beta-testing for the Poser version. Once I have it approved, I can proceed to update the DS version, which will reuse all the fixes I did on the Poser one, so hopefully it should be quicker. This cleanup on Type-4 has been quite educational for me, with some occasional AHA moments when I realize something I can do to prevent problems before they happen next time.

I have also worked some more on Type-6, which is extreme enough to become a real challenge. Makes me wonder if I am pushing it too far, but I guess I won't know until I do. No vertex was left untouched on this one. I will be proud if I can pull this off - both for me, and for Dawn for surviving it.

Miss B and Dreamer like this.
  13. Ken1171

Started the 3rd round of beta-testing, now including the DS version, and I think we are getting close to the final package. I noticed that it's easier to do morph updates in Poser than it is in DS, because Poser PMD files contain ONLY the morphs, while DAZ Studio's DSF files also contain the rigging. So if I update the PMD in Poser, it preserves the rigging. In DS, it's all together in the same DSF file (morphs and rigging), so I loose the rigging when I update a morph. This is surprising, considering that DS was created 10 years after Poser, so they could had improved these things.

In addition, it doesn't seem to be possible in DS to update the joint positions once they are ERC frozen and saved. If you do that, it creates duplicates of the joints, instead of updating the existing ones. This creates the "Duplicated formula" error message in DS that some of you might have seen in the past. Since I cannot change animatable origins after they were saved, I have to hack the DSF file, manually calculate the joint position deltas, and type them directly in into the file. This is not for the faint of heart, and I wish DS could be more flexible on these things.

If you know an easier way to do those things in DS, please let me know. :)

14. RobZhena

RobZhena Eager

Go, Ken, go!

Ken1171 likes this.
  15. Ken1171

Completed the beta rounds, and submitted the product (PSR+DS) to the store today. It now awaits admission and subsequent QAV process.

16. RobZhena

RobZhena Eager

Great news!

Ken1171 likes this.
  17. Ken1171

Made a Type-4 render with Sora body, where both are busty, and this is what came out - a bikini buster! LOL Check the normal render here.

SoraType4_P_1024.jpg

Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
  18. Rowan54

Rowan54 Dragon Queen Contributing Artist

Gee this model comes with a built-in flotation device. Well, two of them.

(Says the person who spent her life nearly flat-chested....)

19. Dreamer

20. Ken1171

Hehe it gets pretty big when we combine it with busty Sora. ^^