1. Hello, Guest! Don't miss the new "Feed Your Muse" render challenge! We look forward to seeing what you create!
    Dismiss Notice

Blender Help, Forums And Tutorial Links

Discussion in 'Blender' started by Miss B, Dec 10, 2015.

1. Janet

Janet Energetic Contributing Artist

Very cool thread! I'm watching tutorials right now!

2. Miss B

Miss B Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time CV-BEE

Cool. ;)

Janet likes this.
  3. Janet

Ha! I just learned how to make a face morph! Brilliant!

4. Janet

One question I have is how do they make the model show the texture like this: [​IMG]

5. Miss B

There are testing textures around that can be used, and that's how modellers, in this case Chris, gets to check if there's any stretching and such.

Here's one I just found --> UV Checker Texture

Also, I found a link on one of the Blender forums where someone states there's a built-in one within Blender, and I just checked it out. There's a color version and a non-color version (smaller blocks), and they are displayed on the "floor" of the UV Editor, so you can place your unwrapped pieces correctly. I think you can also actually use either of them as textures for your model, but it has to be unwrapped first, or it'll really look weird.

Check it out here --> In the UVImage Editor >> Image >> New then choose Color Grid or UV Grid. The Blank one is just plain black so not helpful as far as I can see.

BlenderUVGrid.jpg

Janet likes this.
  6. Janet

Thank you!

7. Miss B

You're quite welcome. I never knew it was there. I usually just add a UV Checker texture, so it's good to know there's another option.

Janet likes this.
  8. eclark1894

eclark1894 Distinguished

Miss B likes this.
  9. Miss B

Thanks for the link Earl. I hadn't come across that article before. Definitely going to bookmark it.

10. Miss B

OK folks, haven't updated the links in my main Help, Forums and Tutorials list in a while, but I just posted a new addition to the Add-ons Section. Thanks to Heddheld on the Renderosity Blender forum, it's a link to the Blender Wiki's Blender Add-ons Catalog. Looks like a great resource for Blender add-ons.

11. Faery_Light

Faery_Light Extraordinary Contributing Artist

One I really wanted is a dead link...sigh.
    It was the Stairs Builderuilder one.

12. Miss B

Uh oh, that's not good. Not sure who takes care of the Wiki, so don't know whom to report it to. It may very well be an old add-on that's no longer working in newer versions of Blender, or was replaced by another, more up-to-date add-on.

13. eclark1894

eclark1894 Distinguished

Making 3D text in Blender:

Rowan54 and Miss B like this.
  14. Miss B

Nice Earl. I'm going to add this to the list. :)