• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Art_of_Mind projects for Dawn

Art_of_Mind

Engaged
Contributing Artist
I'm assuming that's if there's an OBJ for the outfit. If it's all DUF, I don't know that Creators Toybox will work, as it only runs in Poser, or am I missing something? I assumed, and I could be wrong as I've not updated DS past 4.0 Pro, so don't know for sure, but I was under the impression you don't need the OBJ when working with a DUF item because of the attendant data files.

I always inclede the obj with my products.
If it is just a duf, one can still selevt the duf file in the scene tab and export it out as an obj.

eclark1894

Visionary
Show me the skirt you want.
Something like this will do. I'm not looking for the outfit, just the skirt in style and length to match the top.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I'm also assuming that DS can export Wavefront Objects, which Poser can import. I know the reverse is true.
That can be true, but you'd need the latest version of DS to read DUF, or at least 4.5. I don't have that so can't do that. Good point though.

Last edited:

Miss B

CV-BEE
I always inclede the obj with my products.
If it is just a duf, one can still selevt the duf file in the scene tab and export it out as an obj.
That's good AoM, as not all vendors do that, well not vendors over at DAZ, I don't think.

Art_of_Mind

Engaged
Contributing Artist
Swords and gun now have UV mapping and material zones,
Might of went a little nuts but this one is all for fun.
Colors show the zones, not the color I want the finished weapons to be.

Capture.JPG

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I'd love to test for you but I won't have time as I'll be off the computer for awhile after my operation (my op was supposed to be today but is now in 3 weeks :()

The texture looks more like gingham than tartan but I still like it! :)

Miss B

CV-BEE
Oh they postponed your op? That's not fun having to wait another 3 weeks to feel relief.

I agree with you though, those textures definitely look like gingham.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
At least its not cancelled this time :) (I was supposed to have it earlier this year but the Surgeon left even though I was supposed to be his last patient). The new surgeon and his team seems much nicer anyway and this gives me time to sort the room out for mum (its our junk room so at the moment you cant see the bed :p), since she's nice enough to come help me I better give her a bed to sleep on :D hehehe

Art_of_Mind

Engaged
Contributing Artist
I hope your operation goes well.
I wish you a speedy recovery.

I just put a gingham shader on the skirt for display.