• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Art_of_Mind projects for Dawn

Art_of_Mind

Engaged
Contributing Artist
okay, wedgie fixed!
sorry about that

Capture.JPG

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Just trying to get Dawn prepared for the cyborg zombie apocalypse.
I am crafting an outfit to go with this, I’ll consider requests.
I’ll share my work here as it progresses.
Working title (Apocalyptic Officer)
Current direction of the outfit, Voltron Lion Version soldiers mixed with Judge Dread and combining a futuristic Samurai spin. We’ll see how it goes.
Oh, it will be a ride for sure!! Someone needs to do some blood and gore and wounds overlays! Sounds like it will be kind of like Firefly garb style, and very COOL!!

Also you could put a harpoon or grappling hook on the end of that and then you are good to go zip lining!

Last edited:

Art_of_Mind

Engaged
Contributing Artist
Had a restless night, went to bed at 10:30 woke up at 2:00 laid there and watched the clock until 4:00 and got up and came to work on this some more.
Pants and belt now are UV mapped and model has material zones. I threw a splash of color on there to get a better vision of what I'm working on. Went with cop colors, blue and gray. I've decided to leave belt loops off.

Capture.JPG

Art_of_Mind

Engaged
Contributing Artist
Added some belt loops and new material zones.
Calling the pants finished now. Still needs to be rigged and have morphes added but this is the final material zones and shape.

Capture.JPG

Art_of_Mind

Engaged
Contributing Artist
I've been working on the boots today so I already have a base shape I am happy with - too late to change the shape of the boots - to early to show them.

Warning very stupid question coming.
This is going to be a whole outfit, should it come with underwear?

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I'm no expert on this sort of thing, but I wouldn't bother with panties unless the outfit had a skirt as well. IOW, the top can be worn with either pants or skirt. Then you'd need the panties. For something like what Emma Peel's wearing, no I don't think they're necessary.

I'm also a huge fan of the old Avengers show, and I like that style she's wearing in that last image you uploaded, with the zipper up the front of the top.

eclark1894

Visionary
I generally only make underwear if it's a feature of the outfit, such as cheerleader panties, or if I'm making clothes for a young girl.

And yeah, that outfit looks great. To be honest, I love the go-go sixties look.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I'm assuming that's if there's an OBJ for the outfit. If it's all DUF, I don't know that Creators Toybox will work, as it only runs in Poser, or am I missing something? I assumed, and I could be wrong as I've not updated DS past 4.0 Pro, so don't know for sure, but I was under the impression you don't need the OBJ when working with a DUF item because of the attendant data files.

eclark1894

Visionary
I'm assuming that's if there's an OBJ for the outfit. If it's all DUF, I don't know that Creators Toybox will work, as it only runs in Poser, or am I missing something? I assumed, and I could be wrong as I've not updated DS past 4.0 Pro, so don't know for sure, but I was under the impression you don't need the OBJ when working with a DUF item because of the attendant data files.
I'm also assuming that DS can export Wavefront Objects, which Poser can import. I know the reverse is true.