• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that our store and forum are on two separate servers so you will require a separate login for each. The store will ask you for your Real Name (WILL NOT BE displayed to the public) and the forum will ask you for a User Name (WILL BE displayed to the public). You may use the same email address and password for both.

Anime Girl Kristin 2.0

theschell

Adventurous
While I wait for my other project to go through beta-testing, I've gone back to work on an incomplete update of my Anime Girl Kristin that I'd started on before my site closed. I'd intended to release an updated version of her but never got the chance. Improvements will include tweaks to her basic rigging, added body shaping morphs, ERC controlled facial expressions and hand gestures, ERC dialed character presets, and (hopefully) an ERC controlled walk cycle... I'm also improving textures and bump maps and tweaking material and surface values. It will be a long process as I also intend to update her clothing and accessories to match the improvements in the base figure before I release her again...

This image was rendered in DS 4.7 using her improved textures and bump maps...
Day on the Beach.jpg

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Moved this to the Freebie section :)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
She's a cutie! Is she going to be available for Poser as well? Curious minds want to know. ;)

theschell

Adventurous
Thanks! Yes she'll be for both DS and Poser (she's not weight mapped and uses the older traditional rigging methods) as was the original version. I'm going to be tweaking materials and surfaces to get best results in both programs out of the box as best I'm able... :)

theschell

Adventurous
Sweet, will be looking forward to her release :)
Thanks... it'll be a while yet... I have about 50 items of basic "everyday clothing" and a number of hair sets to get set up for the new rigging that were all seperate item downloads for the original version (these will be includde with the figure this time around). I'll be including a ton of stuff as starters that will come bundled with her as the basic figure set, and then I had about another 100 or so items that were cosplay and fantasy styles that I'll be redoing over time as extra releases for her...

Wizzard

Eager
Looking bettre Schell, I presume overwrite on the older files, or a side by side? Like all you do, take your time, tis always worth the wait.
8 )

theschell

Adventurous
Looking bettre Schell, I presume overwrite on the older files, or a side by side? Like all you do, take your time, tis always worth the wait.
8 )
Thanks! It'll be an overwrite of the older files... to replace the old version with the updated improved versions of everything... :)

theschell

Adventurous
Here are basic and very simple Poser materials render tests (just testing the materials and surfaces settings to make sure she'll look decent "out of the box")... this one is in Poser 11 using the Superfly engine... with 4 lights and ray-traced shadows...

KristinSuperflyTest.jpg

theschell

Adventurous
And a couple of Pose tests to try out the new joint rigging and bends... I used some gymnastics poses since they have some extreme bending to really make sure she moves well... I've done some fairly major tweaks to the bend zones of her joints (She uses extra joints in the torso and hips to try and get poses to look a bit more natural)... Her upper body has 4 spinal joints including a second hip joint (to rotate the lower pelvis forward and back just above the thighs), Abdomen, Under bust, and Chest. I feel it gives a more natural looking curve to her spinal column when she flexes...

PoseTest1.png
PoseTest2.png

Last edited: