• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

A question about tutorials...

Would you prefer a tutorial that:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hornet3d

Wise
Some days I can't even remember why I went into the kitchen...

Same here. My other trick is to start and sentence and then forget what it was I was trying to say or racking my brain to find the word for the thing I can see clearly in my head.

James R.

Busy Bee
Same here. My other trick is to start and sentence and then forget what it was I was trying to say or racking my brain to find the word for the thing I can see clearly in my head.

Happens to me all the time, too! The electric kettle in our house has become "The Boily Thing" as a result of my ... uh... what's the word?

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Yeah, now that right there..........the very worst thing about aging. By the time I get to the other end of the house, I forgot WHY I went there! And, it's a small house!
Been there, done that, and I live in an apartment not a house, so fewer rooms, and shorter walks to another room. ~shakes head~

James R.

Busy Bee
Anyway, let's get this thread back on track to the original subject of lamp rewiring.

...Wait, no...

Our favourite cheeses?

Hm. That wasn't it either.

Um... Shoes? No... that's not it...

It's okay, it'll come to me. Just give me a second...

Hey why am I in the garage? How am I supposed to make a sandwich in the garage?!

D

Deleted member 325

I see a lot of that on Youtube. Even tutorials that the majority of viewers think are good and give positive feedback often get trolls complaining and nitpicking about something.
I used to post a lot more WIPs, motion tests, and animatics on youtube back in the day to show what I was up too, or the process - but incessant negative posts by people who did not seem to understand what was meant by WIP, or what exactly a motion test or animatic was has stopped that. None of the guilty party had any of their own content up either - that always seems to be the case.

James R.

Busy Bee
Being a black man, of course we didn't have mullets. Let's see, in the '80's I think we had either Jheri curls or Fades.

Ice Cube had the “best” of both worlds back in the day. A Jheri curl mullet. About as 80’s as you can get right there, popped collar and everything...lol

F51E5820-3E92-4125-8342-62B57A022E9F.jpeg

In high school my buddy stole all the girls because he had a perfect flat-top fade that none of us mulleted white guys could have.

Well, the fact that he was charming and super funny might have had something to do with it, too...

quietrob

Extraordinary
Being a black man, of course we didn't have mullets. Let's see, in the '80's I think we had either Jheri curls or Fades.

Oh god, the activator to keep our curls wet and don't forget the afro sheen. When Bobby Brown aka Mr. Whitney Houston went to the fade, so did I! Hey Earl. You old enough to remember Afropuffs? That hairstyle drove my adolescent genes crazy. Now that is a hairstyle I'd like to see for Poser. (see how I got things back to modeling at the same time?)

Just for Earl...
"You ever go over to a friend's house to eat and the food just ain't no good?"

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I don't know what Afropuffs are (not many Aussies have afros :p) but it sounds like it could be this, its for Daz tho

And to go back on topic, I learn best when I can see what someone is doing and also have notes to go back to (but I can't for the life of me take notes ugh)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I always take notes Rae. I have text files of notes for every 3D application I own. It's the only way I can go back when I haven't used a certain tool, or done a certain action, in a while. It's easier for me to find them in my notes, than to go find the proper tutorial I learned them from.