• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

A Place to lay my head...

eclark1894

Visionary
That was it all right. I still have to correct some UV's and Material zones that got screwed up on input, but otherwise no extra modeling yet.

Issues2.png

eclark1894

Visionary
Oops, spoke too soon. Having to redo the roof. I'm simplifying the geometry of the mesh to make it easier to texture. It is my goal to have the house completed, but untextured (mostly) by the end of this week.

eclark1894

Visionary
Arrrrrrggggghhhhhhh! Having an issue getting the roof, soffit and ceiling to line up properly. It's nothing serious, just frustrating and annoying as hell. Hmm, I might be going about this the wrong way. Let me see...

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Well I hope you get it figured out quickly, with a lot less frustration.

eclark1894

Visionary
Figured out the ceiling, although it still doesn't quite fit right. That's just a little scaling issue though. Also, might be on and off line sporadically for a day or so. My cable modem is acting up and needs to be replaced. I'll post another render of the house, if I can, very soon.

eclark1894

Visionary
A quick tip for all you Blender users. If, like me, you like to make duplicates of objects best to give them specific names. I didn't honestly think that the house would have so many individual pieces to it, so to save time I duplicated stuff to make other stuff, like doorknobs, windows, hinges, etc. It all adds up and it can be very confusing and time consuming to have to go through 12 cube duplicates, all named Cube 001.., 002, etc. just to see what they are.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Uh-huh. I picked up a really nice model of a farmhouse from Rendo's clearance collection some years back. Just about every stick and plank of the windows and window frames, and doorframe and, well, *everything* was a separate .obj.

Took hours to get it all put together and grouped so I could make any use of it. I'm pretty sure that I saved the secne file. I sincerely hope I did, for I'd hate to have to do it all over again.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Why would anyone do it like that. Sheesh, I give you credit JOdel, because I would've just dumped it in the trash, and called it a day.

eclark1894

Visionary
The way I'm working for is that when you load one of the pieces of the house, It will load in it's proper place. I have also thought about just loading the whole house as one object, except for the doors which need to be separate in order to work.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
I know that most of Jack Tomalin's stuff is modular. Very useful that. I've built scenes from various walls, ceilings, and floors more than once.