• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

A Place to lay my head...

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
I was looking for a snake or crocodile texture since it would most like be the kind of hide a jungle man would use.

I'm not saying you're knife is girly;), I'm just saying that Jungle Man, or Ninja Assassin, I can see using it for both. In fact part of what I love is the blade. It's very cool looking but still looks like a real knife that can be used to get the job done.

eclark1894

Visionary
Okay, just did the spear for Taka to go with the knife. It's based on an actual African Masai lion hunting spear. Wondering whether to do a shield or not, because:
1) Tarzan's not a Masai warrior, although you could use the set to go along with the character.
2) Tarzan doesn't usually use a shield.
What to do, what to do?:unsure:
spear.png

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I'd say if you really want to do one, then go for it. Its for Taka not Tarzan :p

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
Also since there is some nice Masai jewelry for Dawn, maybe Dusk/a.k.a. Taka/a.k.a. Dante ( I think that's CWRWs new character) needs something to match her.

eclark1894

Visionary
Yeah, I already pretty much made the shield. Didn't take that long. It's a real simple construction actually. Even texturing this will be easy for me. Unfortunately, I have to go to work right now. And when I get home i need to upload that recliner to ShareCG for Glitterati, so it may be a while before I can finish everything up.

eclark1894

Visionary
I'm off work for the next two days, so I'm going to see if this is any easier to do on my Mac. One problem I'm having with everything stems from me being on a Windows PC laptop instead of my Mac. I'm not trying to say that PCs are better than Macs (they're not;)), but I've been using a Mac since 1986. When I create a file, and save it, I know where it goes and how to find it. I still can't find all the files created when I made the teaset and I don't quite know where to look for them all, so I'm going to root through everything and try to understand the PC's file organization better tonight.:cautious:

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
If your using a laptop that's got Windows look in your "My Documents" or "Documents" folder under Hexagon or DAZ > Hexagon, they may be stored there. PC's and MAC'S are both great platforms. Each to their own. I'm a Windows guy!

eclark1894

Visionary
Ever have one of those renders where you're just not sure where it should go? Well, I decided to put it here since technically the idea started with this thread. Here are three sleeping poses for Dawn which I will be uploading somewhere. There are 15 poses in all, no mirror poses, sorry, don't do 'em, don't like 'em really. Yeah, that's my famous Man's Shirt for Dawn. It's dynamic cloth and free for downloading on Sharecg.

Sleep1.png

Sleep2.png

Sleep3.png

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I think I remember you posting about making these before great work Earl...they are lovely poses.

Is the bed yours also?

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Ever have one of those renders where you're just not sure where it should go? Well, I decided to put it here since technically the idea started with this thread. Here are three sleeping poses for Dawn which I will be uploading somewhere. There are 15 poses in all, no mirror poses, sorry, don't do 'em, don't like 'em really. Yeah, that's my famous Man's Shirt for Dawn. It's dynamic cloth and free for downloading on Sharecg.

View attachment 21812
Great stuff, but on this one I would have used the morph "push" brush and dented in the blanket and pillow under her.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I have to agree with Traci, as the pillows and blanket look hard as a rock without the dents a body would make in them. You can especially see it with her abdomen in the first pose on her side, as it's poking through the rolled portion of the top of the blanket, and her elbows are sinking into the top of the blanket as well. Also, her left forearm/hand needs to be lowered so they reach the pillow. I think a Side-Side adjustment will take care of that nicely.

The other 2 poses look nice Earl.