• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

A Place to lay my head...

eclark1894

Visionary
Well, first off, I do have the whole Dream Home. Bought everything except all the textures. (Tell Mab, sorry about that, but some of those textures were a little too spacey for me.) It's actually what inspired me to make Dawn's home, just a more manageable size. Plus, that wasn't a real person's home. That was a celebrity's house. Seriously, a Media Room? My media room has a chair, a couch and a TV in it, that's it. But I have been itching to do a recliner.:)

eclark1894

Visionary
As i said, broke up the house already. Now I've deleted all the unnecessary mat zones for each room. Now I have to include the ones that will make walls disappear. But, next, I'm going to rig the front and sliding doors to the house.

Hey, extra bonus. Should make putting all the doors in a snap now. Basically only one door to a room for most of them. The garage, family room, and master bedroom being notable exceptions.

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
I use the Dream Home when I have delusions of grandeur and want my peeps to swan about in glamorous clothes looking chic. Distracts me from my humdrum life and dirty dishes ;) I did find a pose set that you could apply to the Dream Home sections which zeroed them. Very handy.

I do like the way your house is coming along, Earl, turning into a really nice abode.

eclark1894

Visionary
"Try Everything"

Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh
Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh
Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh
Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh

I messed up tonight, I lost another fight
I still mess up but I'll just start again
I keep falling down, I keep on hitting the ground
I always get up now to see what's next

Birds don't just fly, they fall down and get up
Nobody learns without getting it wrong

I won't give up, no I won't give in
'Til I reach the end and then I'll start again
No I won't leave, I wanna try everything
I wanna try even though I could fail
No, I won't leave, I wanna try everything

Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh
Try everything
Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh
Try everything
Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh
Try everything
Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh

Look how far you've come, you filled your heart with love
Baby you've done enough, take a deep breath
Don't beat yourself up, don't need to run so fast
Sometimes we come last, but we did our best

I'll keep on making those new mistakes
I'll keep on making them every day
Those new mistakes

Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh
Try everything
Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh
Try everything
Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh
Try everything
Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh
Try everything

Yep, made a stupid mistake. I started separating the house into the individual rooms. But to export I have to delete all the rooms that I don't want to export. Problem is I forgot to save everything before I started doing that. Mistake number one. I also didn't adjust the number of un-dos in my Blender preferences. Mistake number two. I panicked and hit save BEFORE I could figure out how to adjust the number of un-dos. Mistake number three.

I do have a back up though, so I don't have to start completely over.

eclark1894

Visionary
So I've rigged the front and back doors to the house. This is the family room/foyer section of the house.

family room.png

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Thank goodness for backups!! The Foyer's looking good, and I like the new front door.

eclark1894

Visionary
I've decided to just go ahead and make the elevated foundation for the house which means I'll need to add some steps for the front and back. I haven't decided how they will load though since the floor already loads separately. But the elevation gives me the option for adding a deck for the backyard.

eclark1894

Visionary
Just saw an interesting idea on the tv. I was watching one of those home fix up shows, and they had a house on a raised foundation as well, but instead of building a raised deck they did the opposite and built a lowered one.

eclark1894

Visionary
Okay, over the next week or two, or at least by June 1, I'm going to finalize the final version of the house that i intend to let people test. This will be the Poser version only, but if everything is in order, I'll work on converting the DS version.