• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

A clone, A clone, A clone!!! for Dawn, Dusk & Baby Luna

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
I'm not sure what you mean, JOdel - what are you unable to access?

You have to go to your downloads and re-download the DAZ Studio File for each character you own.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
There's clearly some sort of muddle here. I downloaded the DS files for Dusk, Baby Luna, and Dawn Special Edition. I installed the clones. Then I launched Studio, loaded Baby Luna, and then tried to autofit Dawn and Dusk clothing items to her.

They *all* come in as "unsupported". There is no popup identifying Dawn or Dusk under the entry where you tell Studio who the item was originally created for. I also don't seem to have a Dawn clone for Luna at all. There's one for Dusk, although it doesn't seem to work. And there's a Baby Luna clone supposedly *for* Baby Luna. Which makes no sense at all.

Dawn has a Luna clone and a Dusk clone. Dusk has a Luna clone and a Dawn clone. Luna only seems to have the Dusk clone and one for herself.

With all of the muddle over Luna, I haven't yet tried to see whether the Dusk and Dawn clones work for each other, but there ought to be *something* to indicate who the item was created for in the popup, and there isn't.

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
Ok couple of things:
:oopsie:
1-apologies - something got muddled in the Baby Luna zip.

It's being re-uploaded and I'll post here when it's replaced.

Meanwhile, just delete the following folder:
\data\HiveWire 3D\Baby Luna\Base\Morphs\HiveWire 3D\HWClones\

The new zip file will have the correct Clones
2-The ReadMe file in all three zips explains how to use the Autofit clones:

-When the Autofit dialog comes up, click on "unsupported figure" and choose the figure for whom the clothing was made

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
Ok, it's replaced :)

Everyone please RE-DOWNLOAD the Baby Luna file

delete the following folder:
\data\HiveWire 3D\Baby Luna\Base\Morphs\HiveWire 3D\HWClones\

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
*Whew!* Okay, I went back and tried again. Dawn's Dusk clone works. Dusk's Dawn clone works. Dusk's Luna clone works. Didn't try Dawn's Luna clone, but I would expect it to work as well. It seems that it's just the Luna clones which have the problem.

Given that the Dawn clone is missing I wouldn't expect anything to turn up in the popup for her stuff. But nothing turned up for the Dusk items either. So there seems to be something wrong with that one as well.

(Posted this before the announcement that the files had been updated.)

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
Yeah, I had the wrong Dusk one there too...

I think I mistakenly stuck the clones that were in the Dawn zip into Baby Luna's zip initially

:oopsie:

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Shouldn't the clones work for Dawn either way? The Special Edition only gave new skin and other bits, nothing is changed in the rigging iirc!

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Shouldn't the clones work for Dawn either way? The Special Edition only gave new skin and other bits, nothing is changed in the rigging iirc!

I think the clones will work in either Dawn SR2 or Dawn SE, since both have the exact same geometry, default shape, joints and weight maps. That's all that matters for clones. :)

I am not an expert in DS, but that's what it seems to me.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Welcome to the hive Static!

@Ken1171 When I made my clones it was with the original figure iirc and they should work with all versions as my clones do.

Wilmap

Inspired
I've just download Dusk but there are no Dusk Clones included, just one for Dawn and one for Luna!

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Dusk wouldn't need a clone for himself. The clones seem to be for the source, not the target. Luna and Dawn have the Dusk clone.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I've just download Dusk but there are no Dusk Clones included, just one for Dawn and one for Luna!

To my knowledge clones are what allows you to take clothing from one figure and fit it to another figure.

So in other words - if Dusk has a "Dawn" clone, it means he can now wear Dawn clothes.
Dawn having a Dusk clone means she can wear Dusk clothes.

A figure does not get a "clone" of itself, because it's not needed...

Wilmap

Inspired
In my data folder there is a clone for Dawn, one for Luna but nothing for Dusk.

Dawn does NOT have a Dusk clone

Dusk can wear either Dawn or Luna's clothes, but Dawn can't wear any of Dusk's clothes because nothing for Dusk comes up in the Autofit.