• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Nature's Wonders Sneak Peek Thread

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Very interesting, and that photo of that enormous bunch of eggs was amazing.

Szark

Awesome
I knew you were... I just wanted to let everyone know (as with my list), the scope of my vision which will hopefully include a few variations. The biggest challenge in creating new creatures is trying to keep my base happy, which is worldwide (or close to it-- I haven't had any fan emails from Africa yet). That's one reason why there's so many frogs listed.

...as for morphing a human to a frog or vice-versa, I'll bet Chris could that since he turned Dawn into a horse

Here's an image I did for the manual...

View attachment 24781

LOL Oh yeah great list Ken. Like many I have wanted this for so long. It's products like these that make me part with my money and you know me I am tight, sorry careful. ;) Top work Ken. See told you that you should do more creatures. :) Hope they sell well Ken.

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I'm getting pretty close to wrapping up the base set...

swimmingfrog.jpg

..you'll notice I've added "Green" version of the two base set frogs :)

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Yes, the duckweed is a little large (but didn't want to wait the hours in rerendering it, though I might do it tonight after I finish working because there's other things I'd like to tweak as well). This frog (pictured) is pretty small... 2.4-3.5 inches (6-9 cm) in length... just wait until I create the Glass Frog which is the size of your thumbnail

Last edited:

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Ahhh, Duckweed, the bane of pondkeepers everywhere. But, it's the fine, hairy roots of that and the other plant pest, Hyacinth, that allows the tadpoles of those endangered frogs to thrive and survive.

Szark

Awesome
well I am now kneedeep in tadpoles...at least the pond will get a clean with all those tadpoles. Been a good Spring, one spawning and hatching. Last few years the spawn had been killed off by frosts which we haven't had this year.

Szark

Awesome
been helping Ken out with Iray again.

European Common Frog and yes that is SSS you see. Man that was a mission learning how to do Iray SSS. I think I got it right, well it looks right. :)

Both have had postwork, to add some particles and one has had some work done with NIK tools.

SSS Final Render 3s.jpg

SSS Final Render 3 Nik s.jpg