• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Nature's Wonders Sneak Peek Thread

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
The base frog is looking so good! I love the list of proposed add on packs. As always, you amaze me with your attention to detail, Ken. You've got most of the world covered there and in a way that sounds interesting by frog names alone. Love the jumping animation, too! Good to hear about California frogs finding love again. There is always hope, huh? ;)

Szark, those renders are fantastic! They look like photos. :love:

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I have to agree. I'm really, really liking that first render, as it does a nice job of showing the detailing in the textures.

Carey

Extraordinary
I knew you were... I just wanted to let everyone know (as with my list), the scope of my vision which will hopefully include a few variations. The biggest challenge in creating new creatures is trying to keep my base happy, which is worldwide (or close to it-- I haven't had any fan emails from Africa yet). That's one reason why there's so many frogs listed.

...as for morphing a human to a frog or vice-versa, I'll bet Chris could that since he turned Dawn into a horse

Here's an image I did for the manual...

View attachment 24781
I hope you include that one frog you can lick and you get all high and see funny colors...lol

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Looking again at Szark's render, I find myself really wondering if I did that model and texture. Thanks again for making it look so good :)

. . . and just to prove Ken's frogs look great, his render of the European Common Frog was chosen for Renderosity's latest Poser Staff Picks: April 3 - 9 ;)

lol, I guess I have to come to this forum to find out my piece was selected-- no messages from Renderosity yet

Miss B

CV-BEE
lol, I guess I have to come to this forum to find out my piece was selected-- no messages from Renderosity yet
Hmmm, now that I think about it, I don't know if I got a specific notification when 2 of my renders were chosen last month, other than I had Site Mail. It's when I went to check the Site Mail, that I got the news.

Then again, one of my Photoshop uploads made Top of the Shop the same week, and I didn't get a Site Mail about it. I think I just noticed it when I went into the thread to check it out. That list is posted by another moderator, so it might not be something she does, whereas the other moderator in the Poser forum makes a habit of sending Site Mail, as well as commenting on the specific gallery page.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
It looks like they are now posting a "congrats!" on each image that makes the pick. My "A Moment in Time" also made the list this week and they posted so to the image. Nice!

Miss B

CV-BEE
Yes, that's what they did with mine last month as well. I'm not sure they do it in the other forums that do this type of thing, but Boni does it all the time in the Poser forum.