• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Nature's Wonders Sneak Peek Thread

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
...Will we get a morph for frogbabies too (in the year they morph from tadpole to frog)? They are thinner and so small and so very cute ...
There are already some morphs included that can make close to that shape... maybe I'll build and create a specific morph for that, but first on my to-do list is to expand the webs on the hind legs so I get my European Common Frog looking right. Here's a sneak peak at the WIP texture for that species...

EuropeanCommonFrog.jpg

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
There are already some morphs included that can make close to that shape... maybe I'll build and create a specific morph for that, but first on my to-do list is to expand the webs on the hind legs so I get my European Common Frog looking right. Here's a sneak peak at the WIP texture for that species...

View attachment 24599

I had to look twice... to make sure this was not a photo of a frog, Ken! WAY COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
This effort of yours Ken is quite special. The look you're creating is remarkable. Love that you're creating a base to cover several more species to come, and creating a sustainable mesh to cover the morphs needed.

Well done!!!

Szark

Awesome

View attachment 24599
awesome here are some photos from the back garden pond, Common Frog both shots.

IMG_0290Cropped Small.jpg

IMG_0293Cropped small.jpg

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
awesome here are some photos from the back garden pond, Common Frog both shots.

Both the (European) Common Frog and the California Red-legged frog come in many different color variations. I've chosen ones that show the most distinct key markings, such as the blackish spot behind the eyes on the Common frog (which defines it from other frog species). I might add other variations (such as one green ones) to the set or eventually as freebies.

What about Leopard frogs ???any chance??

I have plans eventually for leopard frogs in an add-on volume. As with the Lizards, Moths and habitat sets whether I get to them and others depend on my interest in doing them and how well they are doing in the store. I think I have this posted somewhere already in this thread but I have 8 possible add-on volumes covering a huge variety of frogs.

Here's the candidate list again :
(-common name. Latin name. Continent/area, Endangerment)

Base Set
-California Red-legged Frog. Rana draytonii. NA/California VU
-European Common Frog. Rana temporaria. Eurasia LC

Volume I: True Frogs
-Northern Leopard Frog. Rana pipiens. NA/Northern LC
-Southern Leopard Frog. Rana sphenocephala. USA/Eastern LC
-Great Barred Frog. Mixophyes fasciolatus. Australia LC
-Rice Field Frog. Fejervarya limnocharis. Asia LC
-Iberian Frog. Rana iberica. EU/Spain NT
-Giant Monkey Frog. Phyllomedusa bicolor. SA LC

Volume 2: Poison Dart Frogs
-Harlequin Poison Dart Frog Oophaga histrionica SA LC
-Black and Yellow Poison Dart Frog Dendrobates leucomelas SA LC
-Strawberry Poison Dart Frog Oophaga pumilio Central America LC
-Dyeing Poison Dart Frog Dendrobates tinctorius SA LC
-Golden Poison Dart Frog Phyllobates terribilis SA EN
-Ecuador Poison Dart Frog Ameerega bilinguis SA LC

Volume 3: Bullfrogs
-Malaysian Bullfrog Limnonectes macrodon Asia/Indonesia VU
-Giant Bullfrog Pyxicephalus adspersus Africa LC
-American Bullfrog Rana catesbeiana NA/SA/Asia LC
-Madagascan Bullfrog Laliostoma labrosum Africa/Madagascar LC
-Asian Bullfrog Kaloula pulchra Asia LC
-Eastern Banjo Frog Limnodynastes dumerilii Australia LC

Volume 4: True Frogs2
-Hochstetter’s Frog Leiopelma hochstetteri New Zealand LC
-Coqui Frog Eleutherodactylus coqui Puerto Rico LC
-Midas Glass Frog Teratohyla midas SA LC
-Marbled Reed Frog Hyperolius marmoratus Africa LC
-Marsh Frog Pelophylax ridibundus Europe LC
-Forrer’s Grass Frog Lithobates forreri Central America LC

Volume 5: Toads
-Oriental Fire-bellied Toad Bombina orientalis Asia LC
-European Common Toad Bufo bufo Eurasia/Africa LC
-Common Spadefoot Toad Pelobates fuscus Europe LC
-Panamanian Gold Toad Atelopus zeteki Central America CR
-Southern Toad Bufo terrestris NA/Southeast LC
-Western Spadefoot Toad Spea hammondii NA/California NT

Volume 6: Tree Frogs
-European Tree Frog Hyla arborea Eurasia LC
-Japanese Tree Frog Hyla japonica Asia/Japan LC
-American Green Tree Frog Hyla cinerea NA/Southeast LC
-White’s Tree Frog Litoria caerulea Australiasia LC
-Pacific Tree Frog Pseudacris regilla NA/Western LC
-African Foam-nesting Tree Frog Chiromantis xerampelina Africa LC

Volume 7: Leaf and Flying Frogs
-Splendid Leaf Frog Cruziohyla calcarifer Central America LC
-Red-eyed Leaf Frog Agalychnis callidryas Central America LC
-Spurrell’s Leaf Frog Agalychnis spurrelli Central America LC
-Wallace’s Flying Frog Rhacophorus nigropalmatus Asia/Indonesia LC
-Reinwardt’s Flying Frog Rhacophorus reinwardtii Asia/Indonesia NT
-Harlequin Flying Frog Rhacophorus pardalis Asia/Indonesia LC

Volume 8: Amazing Frogs
(extreme morphs/heavy displacement)
-Southeast Asian Horned Toad Megophrys stejnegeri Asia/Indonesia VU
-Dead Leaf Toad Bufo typhonius SA LC
-Darwin's frog Rhinoderma darwinii SA VU
-Perez’s Eyelash Frog Edalorhina perezi SA LC
-Chacoan Horned Frog Ceratophrys cranwelli SA LC
-Budgett's Frog Lepidobatrachus laevis SA LC

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
And one I want nothing to do with creating! :eek:

No I wouldn't either. ~shakes head~

Or Dawn morphing into a lady frog after the kiss would be completely off the wall, but I'm not even going to go there. Ken and Chris have enough on their respective plates without my input!

That's an awesome list you've got there Ken. There's an old saying around here that, "you can wait ages for a 'bus to come, then ten turn up at once!" I guess the same goes for frogs and what a feast it will be. Nothing for it! I'm just going to have to start saving up!

Carey

Extraordinary
Do you have any idea how many years I have waited for a good frog...Well do ya? LOL Oh the years I have suffered, year after year for want of a good frog and now it is almost here, I can almost feel the fun I am going to have going out frog gigging... I can almost hear their wonderful sing song, I say almost, because you are going to make me suffer a bit longer aren't you...lol

Szark

Awesome
Ken we even have an almost yellow coloured common frog too. We can't expect every variation Ken I know that and that wasn't my point of the photos...I was just showing off. :)

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Ken we even have an almost yellow coloured common frog too. We can't expect every variation Ken I know that and that wasn't my point of the photos...I was just showing off. :)

I knew you were... I just wanted to let everyone know (as with my list), the scope of my vision which will hopefully include a few variations. The biggest challenge in creating new creatures is trying to keep my base happy, which is worldwide (or close to it-- I haven't had any fan emails from Africa yet). That's one reason why there's so many frogs listed.

...as for morphing a human to a frog or vice-versa, I'll bet Chris could that since he turned Dawn into a horse

Here's an image I did for the manual...

NW_Frogs_Cover.jpg

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I knew you were... I just wanted to let everyone know (as with my list), the scope of my vision which will hopefully include a few variations. The biggest challenge in creating new creatures is trying to keep my base happy, which is worldwide (or close to it-- I haven't had any fan emails from Africa yet). That's one reason why there's so many frogs listed.

...as for morphing a human to a frog or vice-versa, I'll bet Chris could that since he turned Dawn into a horse

Here's an image I did for the manual...

View attachment 24781

We need a love button! REALLY digging these frogs! Really fab work Ken!