• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dawn Renders!

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Ohh, I see what this is now. :) I do those things with shader nodes in both Poser and DS, and we can stack as many overlays as needed. Poser 11 has added material "Layers", but I still stick to overlays because it's a universal method that works everywhere, and in any renderer. The advantage of sticking to standard methods is that we can replicate them everywhere using the same steps.

For example, the new P11 layers won't work with previous Poser versions, but overlays will! ^___^

Last edited:

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
In keeping with my promise to myself that I would start taking more time for my own artwork again... weekends are my time, weekdays are content time. ;) That said, this was the result of this weekend's playing around...

So first off the fox is amazing and steals the show. That being said, I really love how the whips strands of her hair are swept towards the fox. The lines of movement/action? (here's where my lack of formal art training gets me) is really great.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Thanks Ken :)

LIE is Layer Image Editor in DS, I'm not sure if its just in the the latest DS tho. Using the Layered Image Editor [Documentation Center]
No, I originally "bought" DS 4.0 Advanced, rather than Pro, because I wanted to have the LIE, because I was used to using it in DS 3 Advanced. DS 4.0 Pro was touting bridges to ZBrush and Photoshop Cx (don't remember which version at the moment), and back then I didn't have ZBrush, and was still using Photoshop 7, so the DS4A was better for me.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Loving this image Lyne. You sure know what you're doing with all of this.

Well done. Thanks.

D

Deleted member 325

There used to be some great Tut's for doing overlays in Poser, though several are long gone now. A few may survive at Rendo (try keywords like Tattoo or Decal). I use them a lot myself, and can try to put together a quick tutorial when I have time (might be a month or so out as I need to do a lot of product catching up).

Which reminds me, I need to find a new home for my muzzle flash tutorial now that RDNA is gone.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
DawnSE wearing my Red Carpet dress for her, accessorized with Lully's Flamenco Balero. Rendered in Poser 11 Superfly
DawnSERC.jpg

Hornet3d

Wise
Great work Glitterati, I love the blend of textures and the skin tones, a really good example of what Superfly can do.