• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dawn Renders!

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Thank you! The result of a lifetime's practice! First as a traditional artist and then 3D as failing health and age takes it's inevitable toll. Although I try many genres these days I always seem to come back to my first love! I'm quite pleased with this one because it's the first time I've managed to blend candlelight and 'natural' daylight successfully!:thankyou2:

Last edited:

Hornet3d

Wise
Thank you! The result of a lifetime's practice! First as a traditional artist and then 3D as failing health and age takes it's inevitable toll. Although I try many genres these days I always seem to come back to my first love! I'm quite pleased with this one because it's the first time I've managed to blend candlelight and 'natural' daylight successfully!:thankyou2:

I can relate to age taking it's toll. Love the render and the style you have managed to create in your 3D work.

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Many thanks everyone for your likes and comments on 'Clotho'. Praise of course is always welcome but when it comes from your peers, and such a talented lot like you Hivewire guys, it truly does inspire me to greater effort. May the Muse be with you all! Regards! :thankyou2:

P.S. I should also mention that I, as usual (Desist oh dullard brain!) missed someone out so thank you to AfroditeOhki for your Starlight Pose set from which this one came! :applause:

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
In keeping with my promise to myself that I would start taking more time for my own artwork again... weekends are my time, weekdays are content time. ;) That said, this was the result of this weekend's playing around...

Dawn, with SAV's Maraki skin, and my "Michelle" head/body morph from the still-WIP Morning Soul package, and 3Dream's Feliciana hair. Too many plants to name everything, and the Fennec is an add-on for AM's Arctic Fox.

The skirt belongs to Sanbie's TC-33 for Dawn. I ran it through a cloth sim via DynCreator, and it performed beautifully, actually. The shirt came from one of Kang's G2F items, though I forget which one. And I cannot for the life of me remember where the eyeglasses came from. LOL!

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Wow! Great picture! That fox is so cute and the skirt and shirt turned out amazing!

Thanks. :) I fell in love with that fox when I saw him way back at release. I wasn't sure if I would ever have a use for him, but he just seemed to fit with this one.

The shirt is actually a conformer... it's one of Kang's shirts from a G2 Female package. I actually did not run that one through the cloth sim at all. The folds you see here are built into the shirt. If I had to guess, I would guess that Kang possibly does some cloth sims on his clothing and then uses those completed sim objects to make his conformers from. Just a guess, mind you.

Dawn with my stylized body type2. This pose took me ages!

That's quite some work on the posing. Closely interactive poses like that are a royal pain in the tail to get right! I do them all the time for my story renders. I can totally appreciate how much time and effort it takes to get them right. :)

Which texture did you use on the girl to the right? The one in the white shirt. Or is that a personal skin of your own?

As far as the dynamics go...

The skirt was actually what started all of this... well, no, actually it was the promos for the Morning Soul package. I started Thursday night on those, and then the next thing I knew, I had Sanbie's skirt on her, and then this pose... and then it became "I wonder how well this would cloth sim...." and it just.. sort of went from there. LOL...

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
@Seliah (Childe of Fyre) Thanks! The stripes on the right are not a texture, but instead an overlay I originally created for V4, and then converted to Dawn. The advantage of overlays is that we can apply them over any textures you already have without having to change them. :)

I don't want to derail the thread here, but about those overlays... I tried to do them back when I made the dirt presets for the DS folks, and I just couldn't get the same functionality as I am able to get out of the LIE editor for DS.

I'd also be interested in any tuts that might be out there for how to do overlays in Poser. If it's something I can pull off, then maybe I can re-approach the dirt overlays for the Poser folks.

Anyway, I'll stop there, because I don't want to trail the thread too far away from the artwork itself. :)

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Hey Ken, is an Overlay like LIE in DS? If so, any tutes out there?

Hehe I don't know what LIE is. ;p An overlay is simply one texture multiplied by another. I have used it on the makeups for CatsEyes, so we don't have to duplicate the face texture for every makeup variation. I have done it in DS too, but you have to make sure you use the "binary" kind of multiplication in ShaderMixer. Works in Octane, Cycles, and even in Photoshop. :)

To create an overlay, make a new image in the same resolution as the textures you want it to work with (I use 4K and 2K). Add all the details you want in a new layer. In the layer under it, fill it with pure white. Then save the image (you don't need the layers). All the image parts that are WHITE will not show in the overlay, so make sure your details don't need any pure white. You can use darker shades of grey instead - anything that is not pure white.

In Poser, go to the Materials Room (advanced mode) and create a new Math->"Color Math" node. Change it to "Multiply", and set both colors to pure white. Plug your figure's texture to one color input, and the overlay to the other one Plug the Color Math output to where you want the resulting texture to go - typically the surface diffuse input where the original texture was plugged into. Voila - you have an overlay! ^__^

In my PC I can see the overlay results straight on previews, but this may vary depending on what video card you may have, and how it supports OpenGL.