• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dawn Renders!

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Today I have modeled this new Chinese cheongsam dress for Dawn. I did some research on the web to find out how it was cut and sewed. The pantyhose is from my "Classic Bunny Suit" for Dawn, and the pumps are from HiveWire3D. Modeling was done in 3DSMAX, texturing in Paintshop, rigging and rendering in Poser.

It's fully conforming but can be used as semi-dynamic as well. :)

Cheongsam_1200.jpg

Hornet3d

Wise
Coo, miss a thread for a couple of days and all these great renders and other works come rolling in.

@Ken1171 As someone who struggles making any sense of one program, in my case Poser, a can but admire anyone who can work in more than one. Then you take it to a whole new level and explain what each program is doing, I am in awe.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Thanks for the feedback! I made the dress materials with "EZ-MATS" like CatsEyes, so we can change any colors in 2 separate levels: cloth and pattern. Here is a blue version using the very same texture as the red one from above. I think blue looks good on Dawn. ^___^

Cheongsam2_1200.jpg

D

Deleted member 325

Thank you. When I started I was going for a very retro 40s-50s look and was going to have a bleak rocky planet and classic rocket...didn't like that (and couldn't get the bubble helmet to look right with the dress) so I went with a more 70's and 80's Buck Rogers style city...

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
CLOTHO. In Greek mythology Clotho was one of the Moirai (Fates) who held responsibility for spinning the threads of life.

Clotho.jpg

Bamby for Dawn by Tempesta3D, Dynamics 1-Gothic by Lully, Books from Curious Tea by LaurieS, As The Crow Flies by Ken Gilliland, Gravity Hair by SAV, Candlestick by DM (Candle from Realis Lumina by MortemVetus, Spinning Wheel & Stool by Kathie Berry (freebie), Clockwork by DM, Baroque Armchair by vcernicek (freebie).