• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dawn Renders!

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Totally adorable... Ken! Are you going to offer this cute outfit!??!

Thanks, Lyne! The pants and the hoodie are from different outfits I have been working on. There are also 2 t-shirts, a dress, and the police outfit. Each are in different stages of completeness. They will eventually come out to the store. ^^

RobZhena

Adventurous
Ohhhhhh, OK. I may be able to do something with that, though I've not yet been able to "conform" clothing, and somehow I don't see stockings as being "dynamic".
Miss B: Import the obj, position to Poser Dawn, go to the fitting room, do not zero the stockings but do zero Dawn, select rigid features, do NOT click Fit, create figure, and transfer the bones down to toes (but not individual toes). It should conform nicely.

glennf

Eager
Happy St. Paddy's Day
Dawn is wearing Green so she don't get pinched .
Irish Dawn.jpg

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Interesting render glenn...

This render took over 11 hours to render...still has a few minor issues that bug me though, and for once this is postworked with a filter from photoshop. Diva's are wearing v4 morphing fantasy dresses, wreath is from Mada hair but the hairs are Lois Hair by Biscuits and Smay's streaming hair, stables are the medieval ones from Daz. Unfortunately full size one is too big to post.
Medieval Maidenspw.jpg

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Actually it was 3Delight with Uber environment...Iray is a bit faster for me than 3Delight most times as I have a nvidia card. I think I might want to work on the post work a bit more as it's a little bit dark with that filter and the size I can do with the forum...

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
That's real cute, Pen! I hope you have a good fan on your CPU with that length render, I have to cut my CPU process to 80% to use 3dl or the processor cooks! One more reason for going over to the Iray Dark Side when I can ;)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Actually it was 3Delight with Uber environment...Iray is a bit faster for me than 3Delight most times as I have a nvidia card. I think I might want to work on the post work a bit more as it's a little bit dark with that filter and the size I can do with the forum...
Ahhhh, I find SuperFly is usually slower, but I've been having a bit better luck lately, mostly because I DON'T have an nVidia card, so my renders are CPU only, and if I untick one of the Render settings, it's much faster than the render times I was getting a few months ago.

What PS filter did you use that made it a little too dark? I little lighter would make everything clearer, but the effect of the filter is nice.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
That's real cute, Pen! I hope you have a good fan on your CPU with that length render, I have to cut my CPU process to 80% to use 3dl or the processor cooks! One more reason for going over to the Iray Dark Side when I can ;)

I actually have burned an NVidia GTX275 trying to GPU render with it, so CPUs are not the only victims. Long renders can damage both CPUs or GPUs if they lack sufficient cooling solutions. I have also blew up a 480W power supply with a long render, which on its turn fried the motherboard and processor. That's why I have changed the approach when I've built my last 2 computers. I now only buy PSUs with battle-tested manufacturers (like EVGA) with "80 Plus Gold" certifications. My last 2 video cards came with high-grade coolers, so they can take the stress during long renders. Stock coolers were not designed to handle that kind of stress. My current GPU uses ACX 2.0+ with exposed copper radiators, where the dual fans were especially designed to handle extended stress (like long renders). It barely heats up during GPU renders, which will extend its life span. I lost a lot of money with cheaper hardware, so now I choose components for the long run.

I have modeled these new wings in 3DSMAX and added dozens of posing and shaping morphs to it. I made this DeMonika fantasy character to test them in Poser with Superfly (little over 3 mins), featuring a highly customized body type. It's a mix of body scaling and morphs. The outfit is HW's Tenacity.

Demonika_1200.jpg

Lorraine

I actually have burned an NVidia GTX275

I have Afterburner controlling my GPU and when the temp goes over 50C the fan will turn up to 100% and bring it down. It's a great program to have. I just wish there was an equivalent for the CPU.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I have Afterburner controlling my GPU and when the temp goes over 50C the fan will turn up to 100% and bring it down. It's a great program to have. I just wish there was an equivalent for the CPU.

I use EVGA Precision XOC, which is from the maker of my video card. It does the same thing, and lets me monitor, control and configure all aspects of the GPU. For the CPU I bought an ASUS Sabertooth motherboard from the TUF series, which ships with multiple 4-pin cooler fan sockets that allow automatic speed control of individual fans based on temperature sensors spread across key components on the board. It allows me configure each fan speed curve individually, or let them run in automatic mode. In either cases, it's the motherboard that controls their speed when something needs more cooling. Of course, we have to buy 4-pins cooler fans for this to work automatically. We can use regular 3-pins fans, but then their speed will always be the same and cannot be controlled by the motherboard.

Lorraine

That I think is why my boy wants to put a BIG puppy on my CPU. I can get its fan to run at 2000 rpm now with some faffing about but it needs more than that.

Hornet3d

Wise
I actually have burned an NVidia GTX275 trying to GPU render with it, so CPUs are not the only victims. Long renders can damage both CPUs or GPUs if they lack sufficient cooling solutions. I have also blew up a 480W power supply with a long render, which on its turn fried the motherboard and processor. That's why I have changed the approach when I've built my last 2 computers. I now only buy PSUs with battle-tested manufacturers (like EVGA) with "80 Plus Gold" certifications. My last 2 video cards came with high-grade coolers, so they can take the stress during long renders. Stock coolers were not designed to handle that kind of stress. My current GPU uses ACX 2.0+ with exposed copper radiators, where the dual fans were especially designed to handle extended stress (like long renders). It barely heats up during GPU renders, which will extend its life span. I lost a lot of money with cheaper hardware, so now I choose components for the long run.

I have modeled these new wings in 3DSMAX and added dozens of posing and shaping morphs to it. I made this DeMonika fantasy character to test them in Poser with Superfly (little over 3 mins), featuring a highly customized body type. It's a mix of body scaling and morphs. The outfit is HW's Tenacity.

View attachment 24239

Love the render, it has a certain 'bite'.

I would agree on your philosophy on PC building I think the importance of having is a good quality power supply is always a good idea, I always leave a lot of head room on the power required and "80 plus gold certifications" usually means that the power rails are 'clean' which is beneficial to the likes of the processor and the motherboard. Personally I always use the processor at stock frequencies rather then try an squeeze the last once of power by overclocking as that can eat into the safety zone as well.