• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Netherworks - FAQ and Q&A

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Hey Lyne, I've been using the HCS since Joe came out with his 2014 version, and this new version is even better, because there's fewer steps.

To answer your question about the morphs created for the original hair, that's one of the steps in the process, and it even allows you to create a copy of the thumbnail with the name Dawn on it, so you know exactly which character it belongs to. I happen to have all my V4 hairs in my DS3A Runtime, but I'm saving all my Dawn converted hairs in my P9 Runtime, so there's really no confusion, but I still like to have the separate thumbnail with her name on it.

That all said, I'm not sure I've tried converting any of my V4 hairs to a "morphed" Dawn. IOW, I haven't really created any of my own Dawn characters, so I'm not sure if that's an issue. I did recently convert a short V4 hair for Dawn with the hopes of then adding a "fit" for Diva, but I don't recall if the hair was a character hair (cr2) or a prop hair (hr2). If it's a prop hair, I can't "copy morph" from Diva to the hair, as that only works on character hairs.

You CAN always make slight adjustments once you have the hair fitted to your character BEFORE you save it, so it gets saved to your Hair Library with your adjustments included.

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
on a prop hair, if you put it on Dawn and parent it before applying the Diva morph it should follow as best it can, though it may not resize, it should stay on the head at least. Then again I could be totally wrong. I remember seeing a prop follow but I can't remember if it was poses and placement or morphs. *sigh*

Hi,

I have a question about "Camera Panel Plus 2014" that you sell here (and at your website and renderosity). Are they all the same version and will it work with Poser 11 Pro?

Also, you used to have 'Script Launcher'. Is this still available / required with the Camera Panel Plus 2014... I couldn't find it anywhere?

Thanks in advance,

Lyne

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Not Netherworks, but.......

I have Camera Panel Plus and it works fine with Poser Pro 11.

I can't answer your question about Script Launcher, tho, sorry.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Welcome to the HiveWire forums Lyne. I have about 2 dozen of Joe's scripts, including both the Camera Panel Plus 2014, as well as Scripts Auto Launch installed in both my Poser 9 and PoserPro 11, and yes, they both work. I use Scripts Auto Launch to launch the Camera Panel Plus and Scripts Servant scripts as soon as I launch PP11, with a slight delay Joe built in to let Poser fully load first.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Except that it's not required for Camera Panel Plus :)

And that you can launch scripts from Scene Toy Pro

Scene Toy Pro - A NetherWorks Studio Creation at HiveWire 3D
True Alisa, but if she already has Scripts Auto Launch she was using in an earlier version of Poser, she can use it with PP11 as well.

I happen to have Scene Toy Pro, and really like it, but I still use the Scripts Auto Launch for the 2 scripts I mentioned above, as then they're "open" before I even start working, and I don't have to launch them from Scene Toy Pro, which has its own built-in auto launch. ;)

Thank you all for your kind replies. I will certainly invest in the new Camera Panel and check out the Scene Toy Pro also.

Cheers

Lyne
:)

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Well, in all my YEARS on line, in communities, I've NEVER seen another LYNE (spelled the same as my name) Welcome Lyne! hee hee!

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Also was there something posted here about Netherworks adding a DUSK fit for this program?! That would be great! :)

Well, in all my YEARS on line, in communities, I've NEVER seen another LYNE (spelled the same as my name) Welcome Lyne! hee hee!

LOL! Should I assume you're a francophone?... the spelling of our name with an 'e' is very french - I'm french-canadian btw. Thanks for the welcome!

Miss B

CV-BEE
Also was there something posted here about Netherworks adding a DUSK fit for this program?! That would be great! :)
Yes Lyne, Joe said he would be adding a Dusk preset for the Hair Conversion System. There's just no telling when now that he's back to a full-time job again.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Maybe we should have a Lyne 1 and a Lyne 2. Well, at least when we're responding to one or the other. :D

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
We'll have to do what we do when I have two kids with the same name...it will need to be Lyne and Lyne F.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
My daughter had 5 Sarah's in her Kindergarten class...she thought her name was spelt Sarah L for many years after that...lol.