• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Netherworks - FAQ and Q&A

Netherworks

Enthusiast
Contributing Artist
There are about 4 people ahead of you if you were to send the request right now. I'll be doing a run through tomorrow night.

Netherworks

Enthusiast
Contributing Artist
So would you prefer we do this now whether we need to be able to download something at the moment? Basically do you want everyone flooding you with requests all at once, or would you rather those of us not concerned at the moment hold off? I don't need to re-download anything at the moment, but it would be nice in future if need be that my purchases were here.

Go ahead and submit your request. The coast is clear :)

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Why, thank you - I will consider that a compliment of the highest order :p

Netherworks

Enthusiast
Contributing Artist
A few years ago I made a neat look program to streamline the look of Poser's Parameters Panel.

I'm working on a new version/update to that to support Poser 10/10 Pro and fix some issues there.

I also just fixed a pain in the ass issue I've always hated in the material room. You know the material dropdown that shows the current material name? You know how it cuts off the names of the materials? Hate that? Me too. Fixed it.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
A few years ago I made a neat look program to streamline the look of Poser's Parameters Panel.

I'm working on a new version/update to that to support Poser 10/10 Pro and fix some issues there.

I also just fixed a pain in the ass issue I've always hated in the material room. You know the material dropdown that shows the current material name? You know how it cuts off the names of the materials? Hate that? Me too. Fixed it.
Ohhhhh Slim Parameters. I have that, and looooove it, as I never liked clicking and dragging the dials around.

The Material Room issue sounds like a good fix too. :)

Netherworks

Enthusiast
Contributing Artist
Yeah, so here's an example of the material room modification...

I renamed my Dawn figure to Dawn Special Edition. In the original object dropdown, you'd get something like "Dawn Spec". Also I'm showing the Large Eyelashes as the Material. Before you'd see "4_Eyelash" if you are lucky and you don't know if that's Eyelashes or Eyelashes Large.

Material_Room_MOD.jpg

Minyassa

Enthusiast
Yay! I went ahead and sent you my request. So glad that you are here at the hive. Delighted to see you did a V4 version for HCSPro, I am keeping my fingers crossed that that means you will be doing M4 as well. :D

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Joe, I just want to make sure........there is no reason to replace the definition files we already own, correct?

So, I have Dawn, Miki3, etc., etc. and there's no need to update is there?

Netherworks

Enthusiast
Contributing Artist
For the Hair Conversion System?

No, there's no specific need to replace any HCS 2014 or HCS 2012 files. The only difference is that there were previously 2 zips that had to be installed in different locations and now it's just one zip. There are no changes to the definition files or magnet files themselves.

The only except might be Cookie. I simply changed it to recognize Peaches and Pickles. However, there is no difference in making a conversion for Cookie and putting it on Peaches, It just allows it to recognize the Peaches "obj".

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
@Netherworks - Hi Joe and welcome to HiveWire!! I have a question about the Hair Conversion system... and even having missed the sale, I'm very willing to pay full price for the Dawn add on at this point.... I've been WRANGLING the Branwen hair trying to fit it to my modified Dawn (chose TALL Body morph for the character I created) so:
Does creating the new hair version for Dawn bring all the cr2 hair MORPHS with it? Or do I need to just do Poser's copy morphs or something? Oh- I'm using Poser 2014, ONLY.

I'm new to your program... I do know if it's a python, I'm to install it in my main 2014 install.... but I find that hairs really do need the morphs they were originally built with.

I've been happy with doing my own manual 'fits' of hair to Dawn until now...but my determination to get THIS hair to fit Dawn AND her body morphs has brought me to your product with great hopes. :)

Hope my rambling run-on sentences make sense...

Thank you,

Lyne