• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Netherworks - FAQ and Q&A

Netherworks

Enthusiast
Contributing Artist
Hello!

I wanted to drop a line to let you gals and guys know how thrilled I am to return to creating content, to answer any questions you might have (as best as I can) and to give you an idea of where I'm headed with my upcoming works. (Mods feel free to move this to anywhere more appropriate)

Past Products

It it my wish to bring most of my previous products here. The exceptions will likely be partnered products and those that seriously need updates to make them more modern and capable.

The following products are slated to be released quite soon: Camera Panel Plus 2014, Dial Manager 2015, MATWriter Panel 2014, Spawn 2014, Thumbnail Designer and Transfer Material.

Hair Conversion System Products

I would very much like to update HCS to work as a real-time wizard system using advanced Python features available in Poser 9 and higher (wxPython). As before, the core HCS will be free and you will able to use your existing Hair Conversion Sets with the new system - you will only need to buy support for future figures.

Toon Figures

Past toon figures will be brought back to the store. As before, the base toon figures will be free, such as Jo-Jo Base and Samedi Base.

Future Projects

These could very well be "near future". Some are simply in need of polishing. Product Names are tentative

Scripts Servant 2016 - Script Management Tool - Launch, Organize and Manage your Poser scripts. Create "virtual" spaces and setups for different scripts - so you can organize scripts by project, function, etc. Sort of a Python Scripts Palette replacement. I did this one long ago but have been updating it over time for my own use.

Scene Toy 2016 - A scene manipulation tool that can work with or even replace the heirarchy editor. You can work with multiple items (hide, change properties, perform a variety of functions. This now shows a treeview hierarchy style look and you can change how things are sorted. Seen roughly a year in production environment use. Is being polished.

Open-Save Enhanced - An enhanced open dialog that better remembers folders you've accessed, gives you the ability to have favorites, has a robust recent list. Will have import-export features. In Poser 11 can replace the open dialog.

Q & A

Here I'd like to answer some questions that I've frequently been asked.

What about Products from the Older Place?

You are always welcome to contact me to receive a copy of a product you have purchased at some other place if that place is no longer around. I will need an order number and where you purchased it. Dates are also extremely useful. I do have a list/database I can run a search on. If you message me, I need an email address. You can contact me at gmail (netherworks, you can figure out the syntax :) ). As far as delivery, most of my stuff is lightweight and I prefer to attach an email copy to you. I can set up a dropbox but it will be very time limited.

Hivewire has a similar system, as far as I am aware, to credit you with the product, given that the product is here. So that's another route you can go. (edit by Alisa - that option's not available yet but we hope it will be soon).

If you purchased an upgrade version, you'd be entitled to the full version. In either case you need to communicate this to me or Hivewire, depending on how you go.

What about Upgrade Versions of Existing Products?

Upgrades are now just rolled into the full product. In other words, due to the circumstances and logistics of handling this, I am just offering full versions of the products at the marketplaces.

For future versions of products, I haven't made a concrete decision yet. This means, hypothetically, If I make MATWriter Panel 2018 will there be a discount? First, I hope that there will be enough of an overhaul and mass of new features that it would be compelling to have it. I won't do upgrade versions that are just cosmetic or trivial additions. There are already good discounts in place for new products plus the benefit of point bonuses here. I feel that there's a lot to go through, otherwise to just knock off 2 bucks, for example. I hope you understand.

What versions of Poser do you support?

Poser 9 and higher including the Pro versions. I can simply do much more with the new frameworks and the older stuff is just too limited. Also... weight mapping.

Are you going to make things for DAZ Studio?

I'm considering it for "standard content". No promises but I'm entertaining the idea right now.

For scripting, I seriously doubt it - dazscript is changed too often and needs constant re-compiling.

Are you going to make more Hair Conversions?

Yes, once I redo the framework (free).

Where have you been?

I was employed by an animation company, as a technical director and rigger (Poser and Maya). Good folks but the work was exhausting (to the brink mentally and physically trying to keep up with timetables). I stuck it out for a year and a half but as they say, it's not for everyone. I did get the opportunity to learn Maya, several pipeline tools and become adept with those. I wasn't fond of scripting in MEL. I worked with some amazingly talented folks.

What's your favorite color?

Have a feel for Teal. Seriously.

Any pets?

Have 2 cats, Oogie Boogie and Bathory. Have a dog - Mr. Jingles. Cats are mixes. Dog is a black-mouth cur mix (or runt).

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Welcome to the Hive Joe, it is SOOOOO good to see you, and of course your products, here. :D

I'm glad you mentioned MATWriter, as I had purchased MATWriter 2012, and then 2 years later, bought MATWriter 2014 Upgrade, and I had to keep the original MATWriter 2012 installed in order for the Upgrade to work. Am I correct in assuming if you create a new version it will be "new" so I can delete the old 2012 and 2014 Upgrade versions to use it, or will it just be an Upgrade, which will replace the 2014 Upgrade, and will still need the 2012 original version to work? I'm sure this is for down the road, and was just an example you were using in your post, so just call me curious. ;)

The only other question I have, which I had mentioned to Alisa not too long ago, I purchased Creator's ToyBox at the other store, but for some reason, never got the freebie Runtime Rodent. I have some of your other freebies, but not sure why I didn't get this one. Is there some way I can get it by itself? I have all my old invoices saved, so I'm sure I can find all the info you'll need. I just don't see a need for getting another copy of ToyBox.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
tee hee..love the pet names.

Very excited, of course, about all the upcoming products!

Hello!

What about Products from the Older Place?

You are always welcome to contact me to receive a copy of a product you have purchased at some other place if that place is no longer around. I will need an order number and where you purchased it. Dates are also extremely useful. I do have a list/database I can run a search on. If you message me, I need an email address. You can contact me at gmail (netherworks, you can figure out the syntax :) ). As far as delivery, most of my stuff is lightweight and I prefer to attach an email copy to you. I can set up a dropbox but it will be very time limited.

Hivewire has a similar system, as far as I am aware, to credit you with the product, given that the product is here. So that's another route you can go.

At this point, we do not have that ability, but do hope to have that available at some point..so be sure that you make copies of your original invoices. Unfortunately, the only way we have to add products to accounts at the moment is (for me to) manually create zero price orders and that's very time consuming so we're holding off on it right now.

Last edited:

Netherworks

Enthusiast
Contributing Artist
Welcome to the Hive Joe, it is SOOOOO good to see you, and of course your products, here. :D

I'm glad you mentioned MATWriter, as I had purchased MATWriter 2012, and then 2 years later, bought MATWriter 2014 Upgrade, and I had to keep the original MATWriter 2012 installed in order for the Upgrade to work. Am I correct in assuming if you create a new version it will be "new" so I can delete the old 2012 and 2014 Upgrade versions to use it, or will it just be an Upgrade, which will replace the 2014 Upgrade, and will still need the 2012 original version to work? I'm sure this is for down the road, and was just an example you were using in your post, so just call me curious. ;)

The only other question I have, which I had mentioned to Alisa not too long ago, I purchased Creator's ToyBox at the other store, but for some reason, never got the freebie Runtime Rodent. I have some of your other freebies, but not sure why I didn't get this one. Is there some way I can get it by itself? I have all my old invoices saved, so I'm sure I can find all the info you'll need. I just don't see a need for getting another copy of ToyBox.

If I am following correctly, yes, all of that was problematic. You'd need to keep the older ones installed and it would look for certain files and timestamps of those files. Then for some folks that wouldn't work and I've had to gift or otherwise get the full version to them anyways. Stores don't have a mechanism in place that has logic that goes like this: "If customer bought product X, give them a discount on product Y.". This makes it difficult to keep it will it all. I would knock a couple of bucks off of the upgrade verison but had to create store pages and an entire system for that and really its quite a bit for that.

As it stands, every product released would just be standalone. It's much easier to understand and implement for everyone involved. I just want to enforce that if I engaged in newer versions that there would be enough in there that hopefully people wouldn't mind getting a new version. I am not going to coast along on everyone buying brand new versions because I make a few trivial changes every year. That's very lazy and disrespectful. It will be hard for me to resist making "quality of life changes" to some utilities but I'm just going to have to do those when I have enough new features to warrant a brand new version.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Thanks for the response Joe. It all makes sense, and I can certainly understand the difference between an "upgrade" and a "new" version.

In either case, I look forward to seeing more of your products in the store in the near future. ;)

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
If the quality of life changes were small, and you think really make a difference you could do an update of the current version to add those in. And people would get them as a bonus and something to look forward too when the next new version is made, that there may be additions to it before another full version comes out.

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
So good to see you here Joe, I am hanging out for your HCS and hopping there will be a Dawn and Dusk fitting not too far off

sanbie

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
I have heaps of your products...but can never fathom them out properly, lol But it is good to see you here!

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Looking forward to seeing what you come up with...I really like your toybox I've had it for a while now.

RobZhena

Adventurous
I'll take advantage of your open invitation for questions! I stupidly added both the face room morph and texture to a character I am working on in Poser 11 Pro and didn't realize it until I had saved the file. Is there a way in MATWriter Panel 2014 to eliminate a material?

Miss B

CV-BEE
Hey Rob, I'm not sure I'm understanding where you want to eliminate the material, but the MATWriter Panel creates .mc5, .mc6, .pz2 and .dsa files for applying materials to a figure or prop. If that's the correction you want to make, you can resave the appropriate file without the texture you don't want.

That said, however, if you're looking to eliminate it from a saved character, the only way I know to do that is to edit the .cr2 file. I've used D3D's Poser File Editor 3 for that, but Joe may have a "goodie" that does that as well, just not sure which one it would be off hand.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Six more of Joe's products have hit the store today, YAY!!!

I already have four of them, so picked up one of the ones I didn't have, and will get the other before the sale's over. ;)

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
I have a couple questions for Joe, so I'll subscribe here for when he comes back in.

Specifically:
1) Do any of your products allow me to combine (for example, hip, waist, chest) individual morphs into a single Full Body Morph? If so, can you point me in that direction please?

2) Can I create an Injection pose to add morphs to a clothing item? For those who aren't using the Pro version of Poser can then add character morphs?

Thanks!

mj007

New-Bee
I really wanted to grab that Voo-Gras hat for Samedi before it got pulled. Any ETA on when its gonna show here, or how i get it ASAP?

-MJ

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Welcome to the Hive MJ! Not sure when Samedi stuff will be uploaded but maybe Alisa will be able to give us an idea of the timeline for it.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Hi, MJ and welcome to the Hive!

Joe's still organizing stuff, so I don't have any eta, unfortunately.