• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dusk Renders, And Now The New Dusk SE!!

jonrea

Eager
Contributing Artist
Oh cool Jon! Love all the details of the vascularity! How did you achieve that/is that part of a Dusk add-on product, if you don't mind me asking?

It's a conversion of an old texture set I had for M4 mixed with the Evan texture set, with some tinkering of settings to get the right look I wanted.

Cheers :)

Jon

Last edited:

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Took a break from working on Deidre and Rodrigo wanted to play at being a pirate...so here it tis.
Terradome 3, trees are from Stonemasons Jungle construction set, boat was a free one, clothing is GenesisM2 converted to Dusk, Genesis beard converted first to Dawn and then to Dusk and the hair is one of the ph ones...small amount of postwork on the coat around the shoulders...View attachment 20747
Wow! I didn't realize how well some things could convert! Nicely done, and a handsome rogue.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Another close-up from my large art piece. I can't do the credits now because my trackball thumb is starting to hurt-so now I have to banish myself from the computer for at least a couple of days… I never know when this is going to happen. But I guess I did a lot more trackball work with that huge piece of artwork then I realized. I am extremely sad and frustrated to say the least. (And yes speaking to you with Dragon instead of typing) I will add this image to my gallery properly when I can add all the credits… But meanwhile here it is. Title: Captian of His Own Ship

CaptainOfHisOwnShip.jpg

This is the character for him from Renderosity by fu-minn… I just dialed in his Elf ears

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Another close-up from my large art piece. I can't do the credits now because my trackball thumb is starting to hurt-so now I have to banish myself from the computer for at least a couple of days… I never know when this is going to happen. But I guess I did a lot more trackball work with that huge piece of artwork then I realized. I am extremely sad and frustrated to say the least. (And yes speaking to you with Dragon instead of typing) I will add this image to my gallery properly when I can add all the credits… But meanwhile here it is. Title: Captian of His Own Ship

View attachment 21997

This is the character for him from Renderosity by fu-minn… I just dialed in his Elf ears
Love this! Gorgeous character, lovely clothing, great background, it's good to see it up even closer!

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Great work Lyne, sorry to hear about your hands. I bought this character iirc but haven't converted himover to DS yet.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Great render Lyne. I'll have to check out that character, and I love the hair, but don't recognize it.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
beautiful work here as of late. Impressive work for sure Jon, Laurie, Dakorillon, and Lyne.

Me195

Extraordinary
Loving on all the Dusk renders!

Just having a little fun with Dusk, my Dante, and Tribal Ornaments (in collaboration with GadgetGirl); and Paul's Sculpted for Dusk here. P11 Superfly HDRI render ( I was amazed at how super SAV's firefly hair turned out with the HDRI)

View attachment 21823

Amazing render. I love the look of the character. I admire your skill.

Great work people :)

My first contribution of 2017.

Cheers

Jon

You're off to a great start. You did a wonderful job with converting the displacement map and putting it to good use. The render looks outstanding.

View attachment 21997

Fantastic render. Your artwork is always very impressive.

Dante texture with a dial spin...I couldn't find the Dante morph initially as it's a separate folder. T-Shirt is Axel's with my texture.

View attachment 22003

Awesome render. That is a great dial spin, and I love the facial expression. It makes him look alive. That texture for the shirt is nothing to sneeze at either.

Me195

Extraordinary

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Awesome render. That is a great dial spin, and I love the facial expression. It makes him look alive. That texture for the shirt is nothing to sneeze at either.
Thanks...the facial expression was sinister but I also dialed in a few other bits and pieces.

The texture was one I did when I was looking for things that I could give Diva to wear but I think the static drape just improves the look of the shirt so much. Before the drape it was too tight. There is still a bit of tightness around the neck on the chest that I think could be improved once I know more about the settings in VWD.