• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dusk Renders, And Now The New Dusk SE!!

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
Cool, GG! I do enjoy kitbashing too.

Thanks Miss B, Lorraine. I had fun doing it. Funny thing about the kitbashing, after I was done and had posted it, I saw a bunch of little things that bugged me. The biggest being the texture of the environment set (it come with poses for V3 and M3 so that gives you an idea of its age). Tried to update those and I thought the new version was going to be brilliant. Well it was, in that it washed out the rest of the scene. Still got to work on my texture skills.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Way way behind - love these all - such a variety!!

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Beautiful Laurie. :balloon03:

Did you use inspiration from an old masters painting? It looks very familiar :)

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I didn't recognise the name (so did a search) and yes, I had seen the sketch before but it was the painting I was thinking of but looking at it again it is quite different (I like yours much better :p)

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I didn't recognise the name (so did a search) and yes, I had seen the sketch before but it was the painting I was thinking of but looking at it again it is quite different (I like yours much better :p)

Thanks so much Rae! I do like several of his equine paintings but I really love his studies/sketches even more.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Dusk Goes To Hawaii!

DuskInHawaii.jpg

I was installing stuff today and ....

I got this set thinking of Hawaiian shirts for Dusk...BUT it's "only" a seamless tile merchant resource...
https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/dp---tropicana/115943/ (hope it's ok to do a link to the product? If not tell me and I'll just name it)

but I thought how do I get this ONTO this shirt from Ken1171's http://hivewire3d.com/the-adventurer-for-dusk.html

So... I applied one of Parrotdophin's floral materials, browsed to where I had stuck a copy of Atenais's jpgs... and switched out the jpg! and "walla"!!! Woo hoo...YAY! LOL!! I might have to post work where the shoulder seams are, but I'm happy! :)

(and I could scale the material with parrotdolphin's nifty python scale utility too!)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
That came out cool Lyne, and yes you can use tileable textures for clothing, and in most cases it will work just fine.

Just think of Dawn/Lully's dynamic outfits. You can use any of those materials on any of her dynamic products. It's basically the same situation. They're known as material collections, rather than having a specific textured UV Map for each one.

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
So... I applied one of Parrotdophin's floral materials, browsed to where I had stuck a copy of Atenais's jpgs... and switched out the jpg! and "walla"!!! Woo hoo...YAY! LOL!! I might have to post work where the shoulder seams are, but I'm happy! :)

So obviously if the shoulder seems bug you, post work away. But actual shirts will almost always have seems like that because people don't bother to line up the fabric that exactly (although the seem isn't in the best place for a real world shirt, it's a little low).

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Well, there wasn't much of a market for Dusk stuff before the fit kit, so I guess I've done my last Dusk product.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
So obviously if the shoulder seems bug you, post work away. But actual shirts will almost always have seems like that because people don't bother to line up the fabric that exactly (although the seem isn't in the best place for a real world shirt, it's a little low).

Actually, that's Dusk's weight mapping in the shoulders dragging the seam out of place. Unless you cut the shoulder seam way in, his weight maps do that but if you cut them in too far, shoulder UP makes a bigger mess. Dawn and Luna are the same.

You can see here on his dress shirt........

ShirtThumb.jpg

The seams are placed properly, but the weight maps pull quite a bit.
DressShirtWireFrame.jpg

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
Actually, that's Dusk's weight mapping in the shoulders dragging the seam out of place. Unless you cut the shoulder seam way in, his weight maps do that but if you cut them in too far, shoulder UP makes a bigger mess. Dawn and Luna are the same.

Ah yes, I was forgetting about the challenge of Dusk's shoulders. It's too bad that it's so hard to get the weight mapping to work correctly without also making things very tight fitting under the arms. As a seamstress it always looks uncomfortable, but yes, things do go wonky if you don't do it that way.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Well, there wasn't much of a market for Dusk stuff before the fit kit, so I guess I've done my last Dusk product.

awwww darn it all.... I still feel that clothes MADE FOR DUSK will always outshine those that are fitted in some way or another...as it never turns out PERFECT... and personally, I'm STILL DYING for fantasy clothes... like those of the 17 or 1800's.... I feel those would have a better market than even modern clothes.... and see? I keep finding ways to USE Dusk's own clothes... this is Ken's Dusk shirt...and Dusk's HW jacket worked great with plaid materials applied!! ANYWAY.... I am sorry for the low market #'s for Dusk... those of us who love (or lust, blush!) for men ALWAYS use them... oh THAT SOUNDS GOOD... eeep! :oops: