• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dawn Renders!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Thanks Pen. I've been working on many renders, and I just couldn't get everything to fall into place the way I wanted. Finally today, it worked. :)

That's what I call persistence. :D

Miss B

CV-BEE
Thanks Hornet. There are a lot of colors I like, but red is my number one favorite color, so I use it a lot when I have an opportunity to do so. ;)

Hornet3d

Wise
Cool, what's the hair?

The hair is HR-099 by Ali. I have a great number of the Ali hair which are usually for V4 but most include a pose to fit to a range of characters including Dawn. HR-099 does not have one for Dawn but it only takes a few minutes of dial spinning to adapt it. I tend to have dropped into a routine as regard for hair with my characters, the everyday hair is usually something by Ali and hair for that special night out is normally from Fabiana which is usually very different. The one thing they do have in common is the ability to greatly change the style by changing the length, and volume of the hair and the same with the bangs over which there is usually a great deal of control.

Hornet3d

Wise
Thanks Hornet. There are a lot of colors I like, but red is my number one favorite color, so I use it a lot when I have an opportunity to do so. ;)

I like red a great deal but I guess, as I am normally portraying my character in some danger, red is maybe not the most appropriate, black and dark blue tend to be the order of the day. In the case of your render, red is spot on.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Hmmmm, I have quite a few of Ali's hairs, but not that one. I usually get them at his site, and then get a texture set (or 2) at Renderosity. I'll have to check that one out. ;)

Edited to Add: Yes, definitely going to get it, and since I have Joe's HCS, and his Dawn preset, I'll just convert it to Dawn, as I have many other V4 hair products. :D

Last edited:

Miss B

CV-BEE
I like red a great deal but I guess, as I am normally portraying my character in some danger, red is maybe not the most appropriate, black and dark blue tend to be the order of the day.
I have to agree. I've noticed the blue tone in your renders, and yes it's fitting for those scenes.

Last edited:

Miss B

CV-BEE
Thanks Hornet...I like the shorter hairs as they often work really well on children.
Well I picked it up, and went ahead and converted it for Dawn. I had to do a Partial conversion rather than the full because of the way Ali has it set up, but it worked out nicely. It should look nice on Diva. I may try that tomorrow. ;)

Dawn-Hr-099Hair.jpg

Hornet3d

Wise
Well I picked it up, and went ahead and converted it for Dawn. I had to do a Partial conversion rather than the full because of the way Ali has it set up, but it worked out nicely. It should look nice on Diva. I may try that tomorrow. ;)

View attachment 20806

I like that, it converted well, I do think short hair looks good on figures of many ages I think it has possible more to do the shape of the face than the age.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Nice render Giokebox...doesn't Iray give great results. Dimension Theory's outdoor environments is one of my favourites...I seem to go back to again and again.

Giokebox

Motivated
Nice render Giokebox...doesn't Iray give great results. Dimension Theory's outdoor environments is one of my favourites...I seem to go back to again and again.

Sure, Iray has given me so much satisfaction. It's taken home rendering to another level for ordinary users like me.