• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
In Celtic mythology the Tuatha de Danaan lived in the barrows and burial mounds which littered the Irish landscape and were believed to be entrances to the Otherworld. Times changed and the Tuatha de Danaan faded from memory as Ireland became a very different place for most of its people. I got to thinking about the Fair Ones and if they remembered their old homes, and do they sometimes return seeking former glories of a lost age.

Memories of Home.jpg

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Thank you! I've had these images in my head for ages now and given my great love of all things Celtic (especially the Irish Cycles) I'm delighted to finally be getting my act together and doing something about it! :)

seachnasaigh

Energetic
Wow, thanks guys & gals!:geek: For Stargate fans, I'm now tidying up and packaging the Atlantis playset. Replacing the default library icons with decent legible icons, removing BAKs, etc.
I had a huge sky panorama for the P11 construct (skydome/ground prop) rendering in Vue, but HyperVue choked and died. Didn't run out of memory (pulling 11.5GB on a 96GB machine); HyperVue just does that sometimes. Poser's Queue Manager is much more stable.
*If* I can get a sky panorama (or two, or three) done before release, I'll include them, otherwise they'll be offered as add-ons when I can get them done.

Right now, I have two workstations with separate Vue licenses running network skydome renders, with each workstation allotted some servers. It all *seems* to be working - so far. ;)

Last edited:

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Thanks Seach. Just saw your link to it at SM Poser forums, and have downloaded the files. I can't wait to play with it. ;)

seachnasaigh

Energetic
When I merged two zips, OBJs and libraries folder, into a part 1 zip, I misplaced the libraries folder so that they are in a runtime within the runtime. I have uploaded a corrected part 1 zip marked as "SR1".
Sorry for the error;:oops: either move the libraries folder or download the corrected SR1 zip for package 1.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Looks pretty good, Joe, but........

The clock is completely wrong for the scene. You've got an elegant, modern room with a huge, grungy clock with no hands. Just out of place and too prominent.

I would probably add some smoothing to the table - you're quads are showing on some of the curves.