• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Heh heh... I particularly like that clock; looks like a salvaged antique.

LOL, yeah, nothing wrong with the clock itself. Just doesn't work in THIS render is all. And, would probably work in this render if it were scaled down and not quite so prominent. Or put on a plate stand on the mantle as if you were showing off a valued antique.

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
LOL, yeah, nothing wrong with the clock itself. Just doesn't work in THIS render is all. And, would probably work in this render if it were scaled down and not quite so prominent. Or put on a plate stand on the mantle as if you were showing off a valued antique.

Actually I think the clock makes the scene. Where I live, the big fad for people with money is to buy new stuff that looks old and distressed and is meant to look like 'found art'. But that doesn't mean the rest of their place isn't still decorated with normal nice stuff. The fact that the character is young and kind of trendy makes me thinks she's desperately trying to prove that she's real, and not just a rich girl.

Haha,
I spent so much time fiddling with the Iray settings I completely ignored all the background stuff. I also noticed her right thigh cut into the table (OUCH!).
I normally blur out the background, but I haven't found the easy way to focus with the DOF on. Perhaps on my next render. That render took about 6 hr (24000 samples) even with 2 GTX760 cards @ 4Gb each

Hornet3d

Wise
A fantastic render and I am beginning to love the Iray renders that are appearing these days, unfortunately I do not have the time to learn another program in order for me to use it. Hopefully, over time, Superfly will be equally stunning but I think many are only just beginning to understand Superfly.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
These denim overalls are a commission job I did this week for The Kids 4 figure - which I had never used before. This figure has like 10 JCMs just on each leg, which made the rigging take forever. That makes me better appreciate that Dawn has only 2. :D

Modeled in 3DSMAX, textured in PaintShop, rigged in Poser and rendered with Superfly.

Kids4 Overalls Comish_1024.jpg

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Thanks, Pen. There is so much I do for private commissions that people never see, so I wanted to show this one. :)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I wouldn't mind having it too, though I wouldn't mind having it for K4 as well, as I have very few clothes, boy or girl, for K4.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Thank you for the feedback! Selling items from private commissions can be a rather delicate matter. Sometimes the client explicitly asks for exclusivity, but in most cases they don't. Even in these cases, there is considerable risk the client will be mad if I sell it on stores for a number of reasons, where the most common is related to the lower price everybody else will pay for the same item. They think it is not fair, and its a reasonable argument. So unless the client explicitly tells me it's Ok to sell, I generally don't. At least not for a year or two. I have a few products at Content Paradise that originated from private commissions, where the client told me from the beginning that it was Ok to sell on stores. :)

Zaarin

Brilliant
If you ever do decide to sell it, please let us know! Those look fantastic, and K4 is sooooooo lacking in clothing (and just about everything else) it's not even funny! And I happen to have some great faces for K4 that would look very cute in those overalls. /shamelessplug ;) And if anyone happens to do renders with those faces--or any other my other face packs--I'd love to see them here. *cough**cough*

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
If I paid for a commission I'd except it to be for myself only (as they are quite expensive). If the commission wasn't much then I wouldn't mind if it was shared (like if the commission was similar to what I'd pay in a store) or if the item was changed quite a bit so it didn't look like the one I commissioned.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
@Zaarin Sure, I will let everybody know. ^^

@Rae134 That's pretty much it in a nutshell. Commissions are much more expensive than a store product, since they are getting something original handcrafted by their specification. It's common when they think it wouldn't be so special if everybody else could have it, and for much less than what they have paid. In other words, the client would feel cheated, and that's bad for the business. Nonetheless, sometimes clients tell me from the beginning that I can sell it if I want. That depends a lot on the client. :)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Oh now the candle looks like it's been lit for a while. This angle shows off the top of the candle.

Now you might think about thin little droppings down the sides. ;)