• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Drawing's not exactly my forte either, which is why I got into digital graphics (first 2D and then 3D) to begin with. ;)

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Just trying to get back into the swing a little bit here. So, I defaulted back to poor Blake. LOL...

The first image is just an illustration out of the written storyline. The second one, while yes it's also a storyline illustration, it also happens to be the finalized version of the quick-render example I used in the lighting tutorial a while ago. For some reason, I never got around to posting it before. (Or at least I don't think I have! If I have, I apologize for the repetition.)

Hopefully I'll start getting more 3D done again soon. I've been on the PC only rarely lately - enough so that the keys feel weird under my fingers. ;) That will probably change soon, as we're finally starting to get a routine sorted out that balances the yarn work with the 3D a bit better now...

Blake-Lessons01.jpg

Blake-Kitchen.jpg

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Thanks, Miss B. I've been told before that I like the landscape orientation too much... but it just seems to be what my images need! LOL

Zaarin

Brilliant
Mind if I ask where that fantastic kitchen is from? Also, so much clutter! :D I struggle getting my scenes cluttery enough to look real; so many basic props are hard to find--or at least hard to find in decent quality.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Thanks, Miss B. I've been told before that I like the landscape orientation too much... but it just seems to be what my images need! LOL
Nothing wrong with landscape orientation. A portrait orientation would make for a fairly narrow scene, so unless there's a specific reason for such a scene, I prefer to leave portrait for just that . . . a portrait.

Besides, I started in 3D with Bryce, so I was always used to landscape orientation. ;)

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Mind if I ask where that fantastic kitchen is from? Also, so much clutter! :D I struggle getting my scenes cluttery enough to look real; so many basic props are hard to find--or at least hard to find in decent quality.

Would you believe me if I told you it was the Collective 3D Horror 2 portrait vignette from Daz? It was a freebie item some time ago. Note that I did adjust the materials to suit my liking, and that none of the cabinets or doors actually open or close...

As far as clutter - I have a tendency to OVER-detail my scenes and often need to REMOVE things for the purpose of not drowning the subject into the environment. ;) I have too much fun with set-dressing. The clutter here is a whole host of things from a lot of different sources... many of which I've adjusted their materials or shaders for the scene... but yes, it was all placed by hand. Yes, I know I'm crazy. LOL!

Nothing wrong with landscape orientation. A portrait orientation would make for a fairly narrow scene, so unless there's a specific reason for such a scene, I prefer to leave portrait for just that . . . a portrait.

Besides, I started in 3D with Bryce, so I was always used to landscape orientation. ;)

I feel the same about the portrait orientations, Miss B. I have always just widened or narrowed the camera angle according to what the scene seemed to be calling for. More often than not, I end up in landscape or an almost-landscape.. LOL.

Bryce... better you than me. I never could get comfortable in that program!

Miss B

CV-BEE
The only thing I hate about Bryce is the tiny "preview" window up in the left corner. It's really hard to see anything in it, but I make do, as the saying goes.

It's funny how I've never considered doing a "portrait" or character image in landscape orientation, and then Eric set up a monthly challenge at RDNA just about 4 years ago with that exact requirement.

Portrait - Asleep At The Controls

Portrait_AsleepAtTheControls-Medium.jpg

Miss B

CV-BEE
Thanks Seliah. The computer/desk set is from one of ARTCollab's sets, the Control Room I think, which I beta tested for them years ago, and the outfit Vicky's wearing is by IgnisSerpentus. Most of the lighting came with the Control Room set, but I might have added a spotlight in front of her. It's been 4 years, so I don't recall for sure. I just know NeilV had done the lights for the set, and 2 others that could all be pieced together for a very large scene.

Zaarin

Brilliant
Just checked out Collective3D's store. Beautiful sets, but all D|S exclusive. :( I occasionally buy DS props/sets/hair to export to Poser, but often it's more work than it's worth--and seems to be even more so in the latest version of Studio. :( DAZ seems to be the only store that regularly has beautiful sets--easily the hardest thing to come by in the Poserverse--but 99% of them these days are Studio-only or Poser-via-DSON (which is so slow that it's still more worthwhile to export to Poser as a *.cr2 or *.obj). :cry:

For contemporary stuff, my go-to is dglidden's Modular Living, originally at RDNA (don't know if it migrated to DAZ or not). It's similar to the old P.I.C.K. sets, which makes it very versatile but a pain to deal with sometimes--and it doesn't help that, while I have an eye for architecture I don't really have a hand for it. My houses in The Sims are always ugly. :p

Miss B

CV-BEE
Really? Now that's odd. Of course, you could add a couple of small point lights in the headlights and turn them on. I've done that in DS 3A, but not in Poser, so not sure, but think it would work.

The proper MAT zone would be better, but the creator evidently didn't take that into consideration.

eclark1894

Visionary
Really? Now that's odd. Of course, you could add a couple of small point lights in the headlights and turn them on. I've done that in DS 3A, but not in Poser, so not sure, but think it would work.

The proper MAT zone would be better, but the creator evidently didn't take that into consideration.
Funny you should say that.;)

Miss B

CV-BEE
Funny? I think it's sad the creator didn't take that into consideration. Or do you mean funny because that's exactly what you were thinking. ;)