• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dawn Renders!

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I have been feeling kind of low lately as my much loved Dauchshound passed away suddenly. This fits my mood.

PoserPro 11, Superfly render with no postwork. 3D model is Dawn with Tempesta3D's Vanessa character. Terradome2 was used for the water and background.

Solitude
Solitude1.jpg

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
@willyb53 Looking good, Bill! Texturing is tough for me to handle. ^^

I have been feeling kind of low lately as my much loved Dauchshound passed away suddenly. This fits my mood.

PoserPro 11, Superfly render with no postwork. 3D model is Dawn with Tempesta3D's Vanessa character. Terradome2 was used for the water and background.

Solitude

Awww, poor doggy! I love Dauchshounds, and used to have a black one. At some point my little buddy passed away too. If I ever have a dog again, it would be a big German Shepard or a small Dauchshound. Or both!

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Sorry for your loss Dragonsegg.

Ken, they are from DM PrettyDawn pose pack from Rendo but I don't know if its pack on or 2 (I combined them in my runtime :p)

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
After working a good part of the day trying to understand emissive lighting in DAZ Studio I think I got an OK grip on it....

The scenes props were all made by me, nothing special. Not the plant though. The skin is my Bruna skin on Dawn.

Hope you like it! :)

Lighting Success.jpg

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
After working a good part of the day trying to understand emissive lighting in DAZ Studio I think I got an OK grip on it....

I have watched the Nvidia presentation on the MDL programming language, and they have a pretty good demonstration on how to light a scene with Iray that is surprisingly simple, just using simple planes and primitives. They way MDL was designed allows some nifty and simplified ways of creating realistic lighting that looks and behaves as you would expect in the real world. I don't use Iray, but it was well worth watching. :)

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
If you can supply a link I'll for sure watch it tomorrow. I have this week off that I'm using to step up my game and knowledge around allot of this. Thanks Ken!

Hornet3d

Wise
Sorry to hear about your loss, it is not until you have owned, and lost, a dog it is hard to imagine just how much impact it has on you and how much they are missed.

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
Very sad to hear your furbaby passed away, Dragonsegg. They catch hold of our hearts and don't let go :grouphug: That's a lovely render you did.