• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
Oh Rae, I was having such bad withdrawal symptoms...I didn't cope well at all. So happy we are all gathering back in our place of refuge from the peeps in our lives who look at us funny when we mention 3d.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
haha Lorraine, I've given up showing everyone my art, I share here and on the DAZ Studio Artists facebook page and occasionally my Deviant Art account and that's it :)

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I was too! It was terrible not being able to visit the forums.

But all is well now, and it's ever so much better than the old forums. That's not usually the case when a forum is changed.

Flint_Hawk

Extraordinary
I agree with you about the forums Satira! HiveWire made an improvement to the forums that actually is an improvement! They listen to us & what we want, unlike some other places! ;)

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Aww, that's so nice to hear :).

Rae, love the recreated photo and the animation-very cool idea!

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
horseblaket.jpg

I need to try this again, this was just my first "set up try".... but this is fun! Could be a blanket for standing in
a stall OR if I can fit it better, a medieval blanket to go under the classic saddle!

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
We Studio users envy your dynamic cloth.

We seem to have a new paradigm showing up in the DAZ store of clothing which comes with all kinds of morphs which seem to have been saved out from dynamic simulations (possibly from Marvelous Designer), but they are always tied to specific pose sets. Aave Nainen pioneered this back in Genesis 1 era, but a couple of others seem to be taking it up.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I've only recently been playing with dynamic cloth in poser 9, but haven't done any constraining. You've given me a reason to try it out. ;)

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
There is a GREAT tutorial video on it by Nerd I think...

and I really got carried away! I have other projects I want to be doing, but... lookie! LOL!

BlanketMidevl.jpg

I tried to add the mane after the fact and for some reason I could not get ANY of it's controls to respond... so IF I use this horse in an image I'll add a mane in post... I just did another simulation and then played with materials... might not be the exact way a blanket would fit but I had FUN!! (and isn't that what the art is all about?!) :)

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
OH MY GOSH THE VIDEO IS HERE??? All I did was put the link... I have no idea if this is good or bad... ?

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Don't stress Lyne...the forum automatically adds media tags. Surprised me when I was doing the zbrush thread...
We Studio users envy your dynamic cloth.

We seem to have a new paradigm showing up in the DAZ store of clothing which comes with all kinds of morphs which seem to have been saved out from dynamic simulations (possibly from Marvelous Designer), but they are always tied to specific pose sets. Aave Nainen pioneered this back in Genesis 1 era, but a couple of others seem to be taking it up.
They're really nice but it would still be good to get true dynamics.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Cool Lyne!!! Odd that the mane malfunctioned though? What exactly did it do?

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
@CWRW - oh no worries, I think my poser was over loaded from all the dynamic work, etc... adding the mane LAST was part of the "snag"... I'm sure it will work fine if I do things in order! LOL!

and HOLY COW, GORGEOUS FANTASTIC BEAUTIFUL BEYOND WORDS ART LAURIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
That would make a pretty Christmas card
(although if using it for an xmas card I'd change the background to a very dark green, it would make the red pop and black is a bit harsh for that kind of card :p)

Flint_Hawk

Extraordinary
On WOW! Laurie, that is FANTASTIC! The bridle from the Classic Tack really adds a nice accent!

Wonderful idea Lyne! The Classic Tack again looks great with that Medieval Blanket!