• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dawn Renders!

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
CatsEyes for Sora, DS version with iRay, wearing my "Diamond Dress". Still no makeup until I figure out Shader Mixer. ;p

CatsEyes Diamond.jpg

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Thanks, Jon! Rendering with Global Illumination (GI) in iRay simplifies things a lot, since there are no lights in the scene. ^___^

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Thanks, Miss B! The hair is from one of the many 3D Universe toon characters for the original Genesis. I think I have bought them ALL. :D

Hornet3d

Wise
Hornet, it's nice to see something from you. And I'm also very glad you're feeling better. :)

And yay! I finally have the render time issues sorted out and have managed to complete this. I think I might actually keep this one for the main promo image! No postwork except the frame... rendered DOF and UE2 lighting...

It definitely does have a family portrait sort of feel... if they weren't all mucked up! :laugh:

View attachment 11942

Thanks for the kind words.

I love the render and glad you got the render times sorted. The DOF really adds some punch.....I like it very much.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Thanks for the kind words.

I love the render and glad you got the render times sorted. The DOF really adds some punch.....I like it very much.

I rarely ever render without DOF these days. It's just a very much needed element to direct the focus of an image. And if I don't render the DOF, I usually do the DOF by hand in postwork anyway. LOL

The render times... apparently something I had loaded at some point changed my render preferences... the pixel samples were set to 32x and 32y!! No wonder it was taking forever! :D

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Thanks, Miss B! The hair is from one of the many 3D Universe toon characters for the original Genesis. I think I have bought them ALL. :D
Ahhhhh OK. I don't usually do anything toons, at least up until now, so was wondering where you got such a nice toon hair.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Thanks Ken, but I see it's a newer product and only in DUF format. All my Genesis 1 products are in DSF format. DS 4.0 doesn't recognize DUF.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Quite by accident I discovered that this jewelry-this prop necklace goes on Dawn as easy as pie! I used the one that said "V4 with no morphs" from this : MRL Ice 3D Figure Essentials Mihrelle and went right on as you can see! (I was looking for a chain to hold the cloak I'm using on my upcoming Zorro art piece!)
IceNecklaceChain.jpg

Either way this is Dawn special edition, I did have to set the face map to "quality" and the eyelash trans map from none to quality.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Sorry I can't edit my post here in the forum with Dragon speak… That is, it will not take dictation in the edit window on this forum. I wanted to add that it is amazing how well the KOZ all back hair looks on Dawn!

Miss B

CV-BEE
Hmmmm, that's not one I've converted. I have a bunch of Koz's hair, so I probably should look at them.