• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dawn Renders!

jonrea

Eager
Contributing Artist
Another Staff pose cracking on with them ;)

Jon

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I really had no idea which thread to post this in! LOL.

This was supposed to be just a "quick test render"... and the slagging thing took 5 1/2 hours! With so little in the scene. I know it's not the overlays, because I've done these before with lots more in the scene. I'm suspecting something about the ground shader. I'll pick the scene apart later after my poor laptop has had a chance to cool down a bit.

Anyway - I'm starting to work on getting promos done for the LIE dirt overlays... this was just kind of a pose test...

Dusk - Laurie's Taka skin with multiple overlays applied.
Dawn - Tempesta's "Jenny" skin with multiple overlays applied.
Baby Luna - I cheated. The same "Jenny" skin with the same overlays; I just copied the materials from Dawn to Luna. LOL

@Dawn - I am loving your Jane dress items. :D They work beautifully through the DS DynCreator script. This was a Daz dynamic cloth sim. I just applied your opacity map by hand, after applying shaders to the clothing. :) Thank you for these! I have a feeling your store is going to gobble up my wallet in the next few weeks or months! :roflmao:

Anyway - just a supposedly "quick test render"... not much to this, not even a proper environment/background. LMAO A little bit of postwork here for color correction/enhancements...

Overlays Group 01.jpg

Rick

Eager
Jonrea, Awesome poses & amazing renders! :)

Hornet, that's a wonderful render! Very mysterious & she is ready for the good fight. I really like the lighting! :)

Mythocentric, ah, mystery & magick! Looks really great! :)

Seliah, that's a really adorable render! Definitely a wonderful family gathering!

Thank you all for sharing! They are really awesome! :)

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Thank you everyone! I love the great blossoming of life and the arts which came about from both sides of the Atlantic during the late 20's/30's. It's always struck me that Art Deco was a perfect compliment to the Surrealist movement and Nouvelle Aube fits that role perfectly! I'm sure this isn't the last time we'll see her together with Dawn in all her incarnations. Render on! :drawing:

Hornet3d

Wise
Jonrea, Awesome poses & amazing renders! :)

Hornet, that's a wonderful render! Very mysterious & she is ready for the good fight. I really like the lighting! :)

Mythocentric, ah, mystery & magick! Looks really great! :)

Seliah, that's a really adorable render! Definitely a wonderful family gathering!

Thank you all for sharing! They are really awesome! :)

Thanks for the kind comments. I often struggle with the lighting but I do try to stretch my meager skills when I can.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Hornet, it's nice to see something from you. And I'm also very glad you're feeling better. :)

And yay! I finally have the render time issues sorted out and have managed to complete this. I think I might actually keep this one for the main promo image! No postwork except the frame... rendered DOF and UE2 lighting...

It definitely does have a family portrait sort of feel... if they weren't all mucked up! :laugh:

MainPromo.jpg