• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dawn Renders!

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Hmmmm, that's not one I've converted. I have a bunch of Koz's hair, so I probably should look at them.

That's the point I was trying to make! I didn't converted I didn't do anything it just went right on Dawn "right out-of-the-box " from my V4 jewelry section of my poser props ! :) Cool huh?

oh sorry you meant the Koz hair... sorry about that. ;)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Ohhhhh, nice. I have the Hair Conversion System and Dawn's addon. I just wish there were addons for Dusk and Luna too, but I guess we'll have to wait until Joe's got some free time, if ever.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Thanks Ken, but I see it's a newer product and only in DUF format. All my Genesis 1 products are in DSF format. DS 4.0 doesn't recognize DUF.

All my existing DS products use the current DUF format, since DAZ has decided to discard all previous file formats from previous versions, and also from DS 4.0 all the way to 4.5. No vendor I know of will make new products using deprecated file formats, so I guess you will have to upgrade at some point. Everything I have from 3DU already uses the new DUF format. As vendors, we don't have a choice on that.

Miss B

CV-BEE
True, but I have the choice not to buy it if it's only in DUF format. It's tough sometimes, because I run into products I really really want, but can't get.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
What's wrong with DUF? For many years DAZ was criticized for using proprietary file formats, and DUF uses JSON international standards in plain text format.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
All my existing DS products use the current DUF format, since DAZ has decided to discard all previous file formats from previous versions, and also from DS 4.0 all the way to 4.5.
Just wanted to qualify this...previous formats can still be used. As you said they deprecated versions and duf is the preferred format but they still work in DS.
Miss B...I'm curious as to why you haven't moved forward. I'm sure you've answered this for me before but I can't remember what you said. Doesn't the more recent versions work on your computer or is it a matter of principle? Not criticizing or anything just curious...

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Just wanted to qualify this...previous formats can still be used. As you said they deprecated versions and duf is the preferred format but they still work in DS.

Sure, the files can still be read, but some tools will not work with them, since they expect DUF format instead. I like DUF much better than anything DAZ has used before. It's plain text and encoded with JSON international standard. JSON has been growing in popularity and was a good idea to use it with DAZ contents. It has unified all contents under a single encoding standard that is universal and easy to read. No complains form me on that part. :)

Miss B

CV-BEE
It's pretty much a matter of principle Pen. I wasn't interested in Genesis 2 or 3, so upgrading wasn't necessary for me, because Genesis 1, V5/M5 and all their related products in DSF format work just fine in my DS 4.0 Pro.

Then again, now with Dusk, Dawn, Luna, Harry, et al., and my getting back into Poser after a 6 or 7 year hiatus, I was even more convinced I didn't really need to upgrade. I still use DS 3A, and my DS 4.0 Pro when I want to use my Genesis 1 characters. Now that I'm not spending that much at DAZ any more, I have money to spend elsewhere, like here at the Hive. ;)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I like DUF too Ken...it's very easy to use.

Thanks for the answer Miss B...there are benefits to upgrading DS in terms of rendering options and also other changes they've made but I can understand that you may be moving more to Poser and leaving DS behind. Upgrading your version of DS doesn't mean you have to adopt either Genesis 2 or 3 either though and the Hivewire family work beautifully in the more recently versions of DS. I mainly use Dawn and Dusk although I do like Genesis 3 and can still use all my Genesis items.

In regards to Daz connect it's my understanding that at this point it can be ignored by closing the tab so I will be upgrading to 4.9 as the recent version has some changes I want to play with and I find it so much easier to use than Poser as you know! ;)

Miss B

CV-BEE
I'm not sure I'll ever leave DS behind completely. I still use my Bryce 7, and we know that's not going to be updated any time soon. It's too bad, as I started out in 3D with Bryce 4 and outdoor landscape renders. I only got into portrait renders when I started beta testing for a vendor over at Renderosity back in 2010, and now it seems like that's about all I do. I think I need to drag myself into Bryce and come up with some nice outdoor landscape scenes again. :)

Rick

Eager
CatsEyes for Sora, DS version with iRay, wearing my "Diamond Dress". Still no makeup until I figure out Shader Mixer. ;p

Really amazing render Ken! She looks really awesome! Thank you for sharing. :)

Lyne, Dawn looks really wonderful! I like what you did with her lips! Thanks so much for sharing! :)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Finally got around to installing Vanessa by Tempesta and the poses for the Unseelie throne by IGD. Also used the great blade fighter outfit.
vanessa.jpg

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Thanks...that's the original materials on the outfit and Vanessa is just beautiful. Tempesta has done a great job on the textures.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Great renders, Pen! I want to play with the new toys too, but I am caught up with learning Shader Mixer now. What's new in DS 4.9?

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
thanks! You can split morphs...I believe Poser has something similar but I have some ideas for using it that I really want to try. There are some other things but that's what has caught my attention. It looked like a really easy process in the video I saw.