• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

WIP HiveWire Dragon Begins

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Yea, back in the day when DAZ had created a proper Eastern Dragon I really loved it. But now with all the new tech and better mapping and all that a new one is in order. I think RAWN did his best to make one out of their dragon but it just looked off to me so never bought it.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I think I got the DAZ Eastern Dragon bundled with the Mil Dragon back in the day. Hmmmm, wonder where I have that buried. ~looks over at the stack of CDs and external hard drive~

Last edited:

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I still have both installed. I even loaded the Mil Dragon 2 this morning ... thinking I'd see if I could render the style of dragon I'd like to have. But ... um. No go. Mil Dragon 2 works for making the stockier dragons, but I wasn't able to get a slim, elegant dragon.

While I want both Eastern and Western, I'm also hoping the HiveWire dragon will work for both the stocky, earth and fire dragons and the slimmer, more elegant air and water dragons.

Even better would be to be able to create a hybrid Eastern and Western dragon :wink:

Miss B

CV-BEE
I had them installed on my old laptop, but when I got this one 4 1/2 years ago, I didn't reinstall a lot of stuff, and the Dragons were among those that didn't make it back into my Runtime.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
There was a very elegant dragon made as a freebie that Arien remapped at one point before her career took off called "The Legendary Wyrm" and to this day it's still one dragon I love because of it's slender form. Did a quick conversion to iRay!

LegendarWyrm-iRay.jpg

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Gorgeous sculpt!!

I actually would not mind taking a crack at doing the maps for said beastie!!! Also Gotta have wings!

I have the perfect model in mind too and some refs of him. Go TCU!! Texas Christian University's mascot is the Texas Horned Lizard. Known to most as a toad though! =P

Yes, they squirt blood out of their eyes! When they get upset.

Last edited:

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Apparently they make ok pets but not for those who want an affectionate reptile. They don't like being handled.

The do that RamWolff to protect their soft parts from preditors.

From a website on pet reptiles: "Originating from Africa, the golden armadillo lizard has made its way into the exotic pet market because of its unusual behavior and manageable size. These lizards are famous for their ability to curl into a ball, protecting their soft underbellies and displaying their hard, spiny scales. Although atypical in appearance and ability, the armadillo lizard requires basic reptile care."

VortigensBane

Busy Bee
How 'bout a chimera... have the cat body, working on the dog head, working on the lizard; we could even throw in a Harry-head, hoofs, dragon claws, griffin wings... or maybe a Cerberus...

Liking the big lizard so far too...

Miss B

CV-BEE
I had suggested a Chimera in the Big Cat thread. I suppose, though, it would work here too, because they usually have the "tail of a dragon".

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Harry would be hard to add VB as he doesn't use this mesh but the others should all work?

(I'm hoping for a Griffin and/or Hippogriff :D, once wings are made, both feathered and leather, if someone made the birdy bits I think this would be possible)