• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Hivewire Gorilla for Dusk

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
It sure doesn't work it's trying to open my preferred state of poser so it's definitely as scene file and I never open a pz3 that somebody else made, it's hard enough to keep my UI of poser set up the way I want without opening somebody else's. It did load dusk with a dark skin and the morphs were definitely not working… I.e. he would not come in as the gorilla so my effort to change the file format definitely doesn't work. I was just so anxious so I'll have to wait for enough date.

wait minute!! it actually SAYS pz3 in the readme too?? Why do poser users have to open a new session of poser to use this character!? Sorry... I'm so confused!

oh wait, I can load DUSK and INJECT the "character" and apply materials myself... so I CAN USE HIM NOW... sheesh! I hate my brain!

You're funny. Please take a deep breath as we hummm together. Ready? Hummmm

We have what you need in this product. It's just navigating your way thru it. Paul is pretty smart about all this stuff, and I certainly look to him to understand what is needed and expected by customers. If it's just some explaining, we can do that. No need for alarm really. You have my email and we can discuss things, find resolution, perform a few tweaks if needed and we're all golden again.

We have a small but dedicated team that is doing our best to meet and exceed the needs of our group here and customers at large. We want folks to be able to play with the Gorilla, but also be able to apply a Gorilla head morph that I created and adjusted to be used in combination with Dusk. This is quite a robust product for what it is, and shows some great potential for this mesh of ours.

Hang with us Lyne. We'll work thru this! Together even!

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
sorry. I'm having Flint_Hawk check too, we'll work on it by phone together, too. I did write you by e mail, sorry...

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Thanks @LisaB too...sorry I just won't open a pz3 in my poser...but I'll do this all by injecting into Dusk... sorry I'm not "getting it"...:oops:

and SUPER about a baby later! :)

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
@Chris & @LisaB - I took a risk and I opened the gorilla pz3 in my poser 9 as I don't use it much anymore and I was more willing to risk it, and the character came in properly without changing my interface. I'm still having difficulty getting the color of the gorilla to be black but that can be fixed in Photoshop with the saturation so I'm on my way to creating a picture. In my defense the store page does say there is a character file in cr2 format… :)

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
@Chris & @LisaB - I took a risk and I opened the gorilla pz3 in my poser 9 as I don't use it much anymore and I was more willing to risk it, and the character came in properly without changing my interface. I'm still having difficulty getting the color of the gorilla to be black but that can be fixed in Photoshop with the saturation so I'm on my way to creating a picture. In my defense the store page does say there is a character file in cr2 format… :)

Okay then. Thanks for the update Lyne. Paul should be responding to you now with regards to your support ticket and concerns. Thanks for your continued patience with us. You're a gem!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Hey Lyne. I've never had a problem opening pz3 files in Poser, so was surprised when I read your comments. I'm glad you were able to open Kong's pz3 in Poser 9. I've also opened him in PoserPro 11 with no problems as far as changes being made to my UI.

As far as why Paul created the pz3, rather than a pz2, I'm not sure, but I would think it's so folks don't have to load Dusk, inject each of his INJ morphs, such as Starter, Base, Body Shapes, and probably Head Shapes. The pz3 saves steps so Kong loads all at once ready to play with. ;)

That said, I too noticed that his Black FireFly textures render more like dark brown in Poser 9. I'm not sure why that is, because they definitely render Black in PP11, both with FireFly and SuperFly.

Virtual_World

Enthusiast
Contributing Artist
Please, turn on the Gamma Correction option in your render settings.

.... I too noticed that his Black FireFly textures render more like dark brown in Poser 9. I'm not sure why that is, because they definitely render Black in PP11, both with FireFly and SuperFly.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Oh is that what's doing it Tosca? Thanks for the heads up. ;)

Well, as it turns out, Poser 9 doesn't have the Gamma Correction option in the Render Settings dialog. PoserPro 11 has it, but Poser 9 doesn't, unless I'm looking in the wrong place.

Last edited:

CG Cubed

Technical Director
Staff member
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Hi Folks, Sorry for the delay and confusion, But I can explain the reason for the .pz3 extension.

The pz3 can auto load an extra .pmd file, with the same name, that is in the same folder. The .cr2 extension can not do this, and multiple lines calling for multiple .pmds does not work in a .cr2, without a call for the preferredState pmd when you load it. There are a couple of ways around this, combine Dusk's pmd with the Gorilla's pmd and have a .cr2 load it, or use the .pz3 extension on a cr2 so that it can open multiple .pmds. We put this in the character folder because it is just a character, no scene info is included in these files. I have learned that folks prefer certain file types in certain folders, so in the future I will put the .pz3 files in the scene folder. We will also continue to provide the traditional INJ files for those that prefer to control what gets loaded. Hope this helps.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Thanks Paul. That's pretty much what I thought, though I referred to the separate INJs in my earlier response, it is the PMDs that are affected. I never considered the restrictions on CR2s, but then large actual scene Preloads do exactly that, so it made sense for you to do it in this case.

I happen to like the traditional INJ files in this case, but I couldn't imagine why the PZ3 would be a problem with Poser's interface.

Flint_Hawk

Extraordinary
Thanks for trying to help Tosca. I use Poser Pro 2014 & I turned on the Gamma Correction in the Render Settings dialog like you suggested, but I still ended up with a brown Gorilla. Does anyone else have a suggestion for a solution?

I am looking forward to using this great new animal!

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Ah! Thanks so much, Paul!! I had no idea a 'pz3' could be just the character's morphs, and not a 'whole' scene file! Interesting!

I still have to turn my brown gorilla to black in photoshop... but does mean it has to be rendered separately...

and since this is a "Dusk" figure...we can then inj all of Dusk's facial features... somehow I did not 'get that' watching the creation process.... new things to learn! :)

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Hey Lyne. I've never had a problem opening pz3 files in Poser, so was surprised when I read your comments.

That said, I too noticed that his Black FireFly textures render more like dark brown in Poser 9. I'm not sure why that is, because they definitely render Black in PP11, both with FireFly and SuperFly.

I've NEVER seen a pz3 file in characters before. :)

and since mine renders BROWN in BOTH PP 2014 and P9... gamma on or off....I wonder if the materials were more made FOR P11? I'm NOT upgrading, am happy with 2014.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I never even noticed it was a pz3 instead of a cr2! It loaded exactly as I expected a cr2 to load.

Then too, I install everything in the figures/character folder anyway. That way I don't have to switch to materials or poses or props or whatever. Everything is right there in a main product folder.

I'm lazy :wink:

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
hmmm in Tiny's HAIR preview image the gorilla (in poser) is black...wonder which poser she has.... sure can't wait for her hairy gorilla!!!!!

loaded the gorilla P9-10 into poser pro 2014. it rendered black. I just used the default render settings and default PP2014 lighting.

BlackGorilla P9-10.jpg

I did load all which I guess loaded the .pz3. to be honest I haven't ever paid attention to that as I have no issues with my UI. But I know poser is kind of buggy so I am not saying it doesn't happen. For example I can't use any of the head and or neck controls on Whisper. If I do the mane just goes crazy and no idea why. Personally I think poser 11 and I guess Poser Pro 2014 have some unresolved issues.

Last edited:

Miss B

CV-BEE
Interesting Dragon, so maybe it's because I never use default lighting. I may try some of the Poser included lights, and see what I come up with.