• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Hivewire Gorilla for Dusk

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
No, I'm still using Poser 9 even though I also recently got PoserPro 11, so no it's still viable. Whether SM will continue to upgrade it, that's doubtful unless there's a bug discovered, but it's still usable. I'm in it practically every day.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Hi Guy, welcome to the forum here… As long as you've got the zero on all body part's texture nodes for the ambient setting you should get it right but you might be having trouble with lighting? I use Fabiana's lights pretty exclusively myself but maybe somebody else has a lighting suggestion.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I also used Fabi's Mild Boreal Raytraced without A/O for the two renders I posted earlier in this thread. I like the DevelopLights as they're overall lights that aren't darker on one side, or have too bright a rim light, though that's easy enough to adjust.

Guy Conrad

Inspired
Thanks! I'll have to give those lights a try as long as they work with old Poser 9. I'm very low-tech. Lemony fresh success is mine at last, thanks to Laurie's formula. By way of introduction and thanks, here I am with some of my gorilla sculptures and drawing from the late 80s and early 90s.

gorilla big future FORUM.jpg
GORILLA GALLERY FORUM.jpg

Miss B

CV-BEE
Nice sculptures Guy. I especially like the one at the bottom left, walking through what looks like grass.

Your render also came out nice. Glad you got that worked out. ;)

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Welcome, Guy, and cool stuff there!

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
I was raised with the story of Tarzan… I have some of the original books my dad collected from his childhood, saw all the original black-and-white movies on TV growing up (yes I'm dating myself)… He was my first childhood hero. So I'm very into this whole Tarzan genre! If you look up the great apes of the Tarzan stories in Wikipedia it's very interesting how people have actually tried to figure out a real existing "Tarzan Great Ape"!

GreatApe.jpg

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Sadly in the movies they used large chimpanzees or in The Legend of Greystoke movie they used people dressed in ape-like suits… With all the CGI nowadays you would think that they would make a proper Tarzan movie but anyway our gorilla can be a great ape!

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Sadly in the movies they used large chimpanzees or in The Legend of Greystoke movie they used people dressed in ape-like suits… With all the CGI nowadays you would think that they would make a proper Tarzan movie but anyway our gorilla can be a great ape!

LOL Lyne- maybe you should check this out- hence our Tarzan theme:) (And lots more to come!)
The Legend of Tarzan

Freyfaxi

Adventurous
I always get a laugh out of Tarzan movies..they are always so stylised. Think about it..Tarzan has been raised by, lived with, the apes all his life, cut off from "Civilization" - Correct ? Yet he's always portrayed as a clean-shaven, Adonis-like figure in a loincloth ? Shouldn't he be naked, dirty and bearded like a long-haired hippie ? :) I can understand the loin cloth thing..after all, you have to consider the audience, but the hair and beard ? :)
*chuckles* Let's see some renders of a "Real Life" Tarzan ? Anyone know of a dirty, unkempt long hair/beard set for a male figure ? :)

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I always get a laugh out of Tarzan movies..they are always so stylised. Think about it..Tarzan has been raised by, lived with, the apes all his life, cut off from "Civilization" - Correct ? Yet he's always portrayed as a clean-shaven, Adonis-like figure in a loincloth ? Shouldn't he be naked, dirty and bearded like a long-haired hippie ? :) I can understand the loin cloth thing..after all, you have to consider the audience, but the hair and beard ? :)
*chuckles* Let's see some renders of a "Real Life" Tarzan ? Anyone know of a dirty, unkempt long hair/beard set for a male figure ? :)

LOL well I've got the long hair and the dirt and scars on my Tarzan character "Taka" but no beard... sorry! He does have some beard scruff at least :) (And he just got his loincloth too:)

Miss B

CV-BEE
Thank goodness Laurie. I wouldn't want him prancing around my Runtime naked. :rofl:

Guy Conrad

Inspired
Looks like somebody found a new job for Alexander Skarsgard now that True Blood is over. It's a fantasy. Nobody is going to pay money to see a movie about a scruffy hippie with a beard. He has to look handsome or the movie would earn about $20. How about hand to hand combat with a gorilla? Sure.
lot4.jpg

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Oh my gosh I had no idea! At least he looks pretty dirty and scruffy in many of the scenes… And certainly the apes which part of the time looked like gorillas and part look like great apes are definitely not men in suits! If it comes out in July I can only hope it'll come to DVD by Christmas time…

though I'll have trouble not seeing "Sookie's suitor"... ! I prefer Laurie's Tarzan! :)

Last edited: