• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dawn Renders!

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
thanks Jodel and Miss B...yes it's cupcake and sadies summer dress for Genesis. I scaled the dress and sent it to Zbrush. Then I loaded it as a morph to the original and then exported it, imported it back and then used the transfer utility. That way it still has the handles and surfaces.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
thanks Jodel and Miss B...yes it's cupcake and sadies summer dress for Genesis. I scaled the dress and sent it to Zbrush. Then I loaded it as a morph to the original and then exported it, imported it back and then used the transfer utility. That way it still has the handles and surfaces.
I need a transfer utility. But I don't like the idea of spending a gazillion dollars to get the "pro" version of Poser to get it.

And that's a really cute render. I have a picture of my daughter and her best friend when they were both 6. They are now both 15 and are still good friends. Your render reminded me of that picture. The only difference is that in my picture, both girls are covered in chocolate!!!!

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Thanks! I don't have any dirty textures yet...Chris collate would be a good one. Does Poser have a transfer utility? I wish it did...it would make it so much easier to transfer stuff across.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
Thanks! I don't have any dirty textures yet...Chris collate would be a good one. Does Poser have a transfer utility? I wish it did...it would make it so much easier to transfer stuff across.
The pro version lets you transfer morphs between characters and clothing, and they have the fitting room which let's you put any figure's clothing on any figure. But it costs too much for my pocket book.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I thought I'd play.

It's nice to see a play render from you! That skirt looks wonderful. I can see where the UV might be giving you issues, but I just LOVE that skirt! And that top matches up beautifully with it. :)

That it is! I really like it, but I don't see how those sleeves are staying up on her arms! Dawn can defy gravity!

Oh.

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhh.....:eek:

When I use that top, I usually load a shirt that has spaghetti straps on it (one of EI's other Dawn shirts has them...think it was the Yoga shirt). Anyway, I load something with spaghetti straps, set everything but the straps invisible, and then either parent or conform the item to Dawn to fit the straps in with the top. ;)

I keep meaning to try that top as a dynamic thing in DS, but I'm kind of afraid that the whole thing will tumble down to her ankles with the lack of straps built into it. :roflmao:

Rokket

Dances with Bees
You just made up my mind for me. I am going to keep plugging at it until I get a UV map I can use.:cool:

I could just do another model, I guess. But what if I can't reproduce it?:eek:

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I keep meaning to try that top as a dynamic thing in DS, but I'm kind of afraid that the whole thing will tumble down to her ankles with the lack of straps built into it. :roflmao:
I thought of trying it as dynamic, but the only time I used it in a render, I hadn't yet played in the Cloth Room, so wasn't sure if it would work for the same reason.

That said, if you set the top edge all the way around as constrained, it shouldn't fall off her. Of course that's in Poser. Not sure how that new plugin works in DS, and whether you can set constrained areas or not.

Hmmm, now you've got me really curious, as I wasn't thrilled with the built-in shaping on the conforming figure.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
The pro version lets you transfer morphs between characters and clothing, and they have the fitting room which let's you put any figure's clothing on any figure. But it costs too much for my pocket book.
I have the pro version but I'm still trying to figure all that stuff out...

Rokket

Dances with Bees
I have the pro version but I'm still trying to figure all that stuff out...
Poser 10 doesn't have that stuff. I am pretty sure I can't create weight maps either. I wish I had the pro version. Maybe one day I will. But I have to wait until the price drops and they fix all the bugs in Poser 11 pro.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Poser 2014 has a pro version because that's what I have. Isn't that 10...I know it does weightmaps because I have tried to work out how to use the fitting room recently to set up an outfit but I was having a lot of problems with it. (Read User Error there...)

Rokket

Dances with Bees
Poser 2014 has a pro version because that's what I have. Isn't that 10...I know it does weightmaps because I have tried to work out how to use the fitting room recently to set up an outfit but I was having a lot of problems with it. (Read User Error there...)
There are 2 versions of the software. The pro version creates maps and all of that. The non pro (read Poser 8, 9, 10) have a lot of the functionality of the pro version, but there are a lot of things it doesn't have. Like the ability to create weight maps.

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
Poser 10 doesn't have that stuff. I am pretty sure I can't create weight maps either. I wish I had the pro version. Maybe one day I will. But I have to wait until the price drops and they fix all the bugs in Poser 11 pro.

Well, I think waiting for all the bugs to be fixed in most software these days is a futile effort.:( However I can certainly understand waiting for the price to drop.

So Poser had a confusing naming convention until this last release. The pro versions had years in them, and the non pro had numbers. At least that's how I've understood it. I think they were wise just to go with Poser 11 and Poser Pro 11 this time around. Much easier to keep track of where you are in versions.

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
Kind of a one-off way of saying I will probably never have it, I guess.

:whistling: Yeah I guess that was what I was saying. Of course it also matters what bugs you are talking about. I know a lot of the bugs have been fixed. Overall for me it runs better than 2014 did. And most 3d software is complex enough and pushes your computer hard enough that it's sometimes hard to know what is the software, and what is your computer. The biggest issue I have is that Poser becomes unresponsive from time to time, but this is after I've been working on it for quite a while (usually when weight mapping) and to be fair I also often have Maya 2015, and Marvelous Designer 5 open, and have probably opened and closed Blender once or twice in the background.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Raven's Cross...
It was initially an attempt to use plants in a render but it kinda grew. First the bird arrived but he seemed lonely until a sprite took pity on him and played for him...

Ravens Cross 4.jpg