• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dawn Renders!

Rokket

Dances with Bees
Lovely Rokket, really nice dial spin
Thank you! I really like her look, but she doesn't quite look like Rey from Star Wars yet.
daisy ridley.jpg

It's all in the eyes.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
I need the head morph resource kit. Next month, I think. I have a lot of traveling to do in the next couple weeks and I have to avoid the strain on the ol' credit card for now.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
She's in my cart but I just spent a mini fortune on Birds. Ok. Not quite so much. Just the Australia set. So far.

I have a bit more money this month because I switched from paying rent through Bill Pay through my credit union to the new electronic system we have now with the new owners. With Bill Pay, I have to schedule the payment a good week before the first of the month because it's a check that goes through the mail. With our new system, I can schedule rent to be deducted on the 30th since it's electronic. So, May's rent comes out of the first May paycheck instead of the April 15th paycheck. Which means ... I have a WHOLE paycheck extra.

The bulk of which is going to go into savings. But I also get to spurge on birdies ... and maybe I'll buy a few pieces of clothing for me. I haven't done that in quite awhile.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
She's in my cart but I just spent a mini fortune on Birds. Ok. Not quite so much. Just the Australia set. So far.

I have a bit more money this month because I switched from paying rent through Bill Pay through my credit union to the new electronic system we have now with the new owners. With Bill Pay, I have to schedule the payment a good week before the first of the month because it's a check that goes through the mail. With our new system, I can schedule rent to be deducted on the 30th since it's electronic. So, May's rent comes out of the first May paycheck instead of the April 15th paycheck. Which means ... I have a WHOLE paycheck extra.

The bulk of which is going to go into savings. But I also get to spurge on birdies ... and maybe I'll buy a few pieces of clothing for me. I haven't done that in quite awhile.
My wife does something similar. All the money I send home pays the bills and gets things for the kids. Meanwhile, she is still wearing clothes she bought 7 years ago. I gave her a ration this time and made her go buy new clothes. The kids are out of school right now. They don't need anything except food.

CajunBeauty

Adventurous
This is a little idea I had roaming around in my head for the past couple of weeks and I have finally got it all together and finished.
I used the freebie textures from Bow for Dawn and I converted them over to Iray and this is the look that I got so I decided that it would work great for a Doll image. This was really fun to do. This turned out a little nit toonish as well.
Destraught Doll Forum Size.png

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
@Rokket look at her eyes in the photograph the outer corners slant up on the real girl… You do have that capability in one of her morph packages… But looking real good!

Rokket

Dances with Bees
@Rokket look at her eyes in the photograph the outer corners slant up on the real girl… You do have that capability in one of her morph packages… But looking real good!
Yeah, I found it in her base morphs. I didn't think to load those the first time around. Silly me.

I'll be playing with her again later today.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
I wish there was a way to load a picture into Poser to use as a reference. Putting it in as a background image doesn't cut it. It's hard to get it right without having the image and the figure visible at the same time.

Oh wait.... can't I have two screens displayed at the same time? There may be hope for me yet.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Or you could load two plane props and put the image on them...that way you could have a side view and a front.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
Or you could load two plane props and put the image on them...that way you could have a side view and a front.
That's what I went with. But only one prop. Trying to find a profile image that is usable is extremely difficult when dealing with a celebrity. If I was using reference images from a 3D art site, it would be easier. So I am just using that image I uploaded here. The likeness won't be perfect anyhow, because I can't do much with her eye shape until I can get that morph package, but it looks better than it did.