• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
Apparently Anim8or is still having new development releases, most current being this past week.

...and boy does it look different :)

scrrencap.jpg

Last edited:

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Seliah...good, time for a little play....that's what I'm doing. Have to take a break sometime, or we'll blow out a circuit or something...haha :)

skylab

Esteemed
Looks like Anim8or is getting a total remake....looks nice. That's how I learned very basic modeling, using that program :)

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
By the way... SAV recently uploaded This Morph for Pauline. It's a custom sculpt morph, so does not rely on any kind of morph packages. I thought you might be interested, thus the heads-up. She's quite pretty, actually.

And do you happen to know of any actual morph packages for either Paul or Pauline? I did find a couple in the Rendo store, but I wasn't overly impressed with what I saw and have been hesitant to risk the expenditure (especially as I'm saving for that D3D utility editor now LOL).

Hey Seliah...good, time for a little play....that's what I'm doing. Have to take a break sometime, or we'll blow out a circuit or something...haha :)

Or, in my case... I start getting snarly and nippy. ;) But yes, tonight is an "off" night for me... I need the comfort of my DS interface for a little while! LOL

Yes ma'am. I'm up to my neck in Blender at the moment, so I'll download and update tomorrow.

Hey, I held off for two whole weeks!!

why, yes, I'm a 3D addict, and nope I'm not ashamed of it.... :laugh:

skylab

Esteemed
Always wished I had the patience for Blender, but wow, that interface...especially the old one o_O I'd always retreat to Anim8or or Hexagon, but thought of myself as a wanna-be modeler...haha...so I admire your expertise.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Looks like Anim8or is getting a total remake....looks nice. That's how I learned very basic modeling, using that program :)
I think I tried that once, but liked Wings3D better, except it was so mouse centric, and I use a Wacom tablet, so had issues.

Then I tried a trial version of Rhino3D, and decided I had to save my pennies and get a more powerful modeller. Then I found Blender, and the rest, as they say, is history. ;)

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I think I tested out Anim8or once... wasn't fond of it at all. Found Hexagon, then found Wings.. went back to Hex, got fed up with the crashes, went back to Wings.... and then tried Blender and fell in love with it. Even if I'm not very good in it yet. LOL

skylab

Esteemed
SAV's Pauline morph is nice...good find. Not much noteworthy has been created so far, which is surprising since Smith Micro released permission for people to basically go for it.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Always wished I had the patience for Blender, but wow, that interface...especially the old one o_O
Yes, I learned on 2.4x and wasn't particularly fond of it, but I did get some things done, so stuck with it.

Then 2.52 came out with the new UI, and it was learn it all over again. Well the UI setup and the new/changes they made in what could be done anyway. The basics were still the same.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
SAV's Pauline morph is nice...good find. Not much noteworthy has been created so far, which is surprising since Smith Micro released permission for people to basically go for it.

With the heavy focus on the Genesis figures - and many folks still being closely attached to their Generation 4's - I can't say I'm all that surprised, honestly. I've seen some nice stuff being done for Pauline, but it's like the creators disappear into the ether. They post previews and progress shots, and then you never see or hear about it again.

Yes, I learned on 2.4x and wasn't particularly fond of it, but I did get some things done, so stuck with it.

You definitely predated my first steps into it. By the time I finally got my fuzzy paws on it, it was already set up at it's current interface. But I admit that I really like the hotkey/keyboard shortcut way that it works - that's about the only thing that can keep up with the speed of my brain when I really get going on something.

skylab

Esteemed
I used to carry Anim8or around on a thumb drive and practice...it's such a small program, yet does a lot for its size. The corked jar included with Andy recently was created in Anim8or.

skylab

Esteemed
I can see, for advanced projects, creating content and such, Blender would definitely be the way to go. I was just doing piddly props, so I was looking for something enjoyable in which to do that.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Actually, there's a guy at RDNA, and I think he posted here too recently, who's working on a com.plete re-rig of Pauline, and from what I've seen it looks nice. It's not available as yet, because I think he's in negotiations as to where to offer her. He's a moderator at RDNA, but I don't think he was ever a vendor there.

You can check the thread here --> My Pauline Re Rig... Soon to be yours as well It's only a couple/three pages.

Here's his intro thread at HW --> Stopping in to say Hello

skylab

Esteemed
Part of it was doing stuff for Sarah at the time....she wanted to learn how to make props...I suggested Blender....and you should have seen the email I got back on that suggestion...haha....let's just say, she didn't want to go that way. So I suggested Anim80r, and she liked it...so we went that way for creating small stuff.