• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
I'm pretty sure P11 is 64 bit now. And you can have them both installed on the same machine. It doesn't override your other install, so you just have two versions. Which is good for testing so you can test in an older and newer version.

Oops, I should have realized there was more than just the two message I saw at first. Guess you figured that out already.

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
And, thanks also for the info about Poser activation issues on the mac...I'm almost inclined to create a PDF "how to fix" to upload on ShareCG....lack of information can be devastating for folks going through things like that. If you'd like to post here the steps you took for the mac, I'd be glad to include it in the PDF. I'm assuming there wouldn't be anything wrong with distributing this type of information. Give me your thoughts on this, I'd be interested in your input :)

So the fix was frustratingly simple after I spent forever not being able to use Poser at all. In the main Shared folder (where the poser runtimes go by default on a mac) there's a folder called Library/Application Support/Poser/11

I just threw away the entire 11 folder and was able to reactivate and open Poser without it crashing as soon as I tried to open it.

Probably would never have figured it out except I was going through my Runtimes to back them up and saw the Application Support folder in this Library folder (which I assumed had come from Dan and was maybe for a runtime) I did tech support for macs for years, and so seeing an Application Support folder there it was like 'What the hell? That doesn't belong there.' But that's where they put it, and that's were bad activation preferences end up.

skylab

Esteemed
PDG, thanks for your comments on that hair item. I wondered about it, the settings were so detailed...I've never done dynamics on hair before and I thought it might be a learning tool. So you're saying this is not necessarily the way to go with that. I've created funny hair props for toon characters before, but I've never run a sim on hair, never knew how...so that's the part I was trying to learn...how to get the hair to flow and lie down properly. Thanks for your input :)

skylab

Esteemed
And GG, good morning, yes, your fix was a real help to me. It's good to know that we can just by-pass that mess altogether in order to maintain our home workstations :)

skylab

Esteemed
Oooooo, good find Seliah :)

We've found well over $50 worth of dynamics in the last 24 hours, further expanding that Poser investment :)

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Well, considering that at this point I use Poser dynamics inside Studio... LOL. I actually had quite a bit of these downloaded for a while now.

I just figured with your focus on biblical pose sets, that you would appreciate that one.

skylab

Esteemed
I wondered how you were restraining yourself...you need a workstation like mine...haha...this is similar to my setup...you'd probably NEVER sleep :)

HACKER WORKSTATION 1.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Absolutely...have been wondering if some of the M4 stuff could be made to fit Dusk in the Cloth Room, especially like the head dress.

parkdalegardener

Adventurous
Load Pauline into an empty scene.

Go to her Body parts and select the hip. In the Properties tab you will see a tick box for Collision Detection. Tick it and the button below it that says Apply Collision Settings to Children.

Load Pauline's Prop Hair.

Along the top of Poser is the basic menu. Click Animation and Recalculate All Hair.

After the hair groups do their thing (draping and the like) hit render.

Done.

parkdalegardener

Adventurous
The Hair Prop for Pauline has defined groups on the skull cap. You can adjust the groups in the Hair Room to end up with variations of the basic long hair supplied in Poser. ie short bangs instead of the ones crossing along her nose.

You do not need a skull cap prop to grow hair. You can grow it on anything you choose. just drop into the Grouping Tool to pick the polys you want hair growing on.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
And can you have both P10 and P11 installed on the pc at the same time?
Yes, I have both Poser 9 and PoserPro 11 installed. You can do that with most software, EXCEPT DAZStudio 4 versions. I have always been able to have 2 versions (even 3 at one point) of DS on my laptop until they got to version 4.5, I believe. Now it will overwrite whatever version 4.x you already have installed.