• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Faery_Light's Dawn projects

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Here is an image of the mature lady texture set i'm working on.
This is the edited version of my portrait in the "I just wanted to post an image" forum.

I changed the eyebrows, lowered the bump and added smile /frown lines to the face.
There are no morphs added here.

This is still a WIP.

Mature-Lady-02.jpg

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I will get back to this soon.
My internet is in and out due to rainy weather.
I miss cable but we only have one provider here that we call "Fidley-dee-dee".
Our nickname for Fidnet.com...lol.
Wish Charter would do a hostile merger.

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
Here is an image of the mature lady texture set i'm working on.
This is the edited version of my portrait in the "I just wanted to post an image" forum.

I changed the eyebrows, lowered the bump and added smile /frown lines to the face.
There are no morphs added here.

This is still a WIP.

I love the crow's feet around her eyes. Maybe it's cause she's frowning, but the laugh lines still look a little extreme. I'm looking forward to seeing more of this. I briefly tried to make a similar sort of map, and quickly realized getting the crow's feet and laugh lines right was far beyond my drawing powers.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I want to make the lines around her mouth a little smaller and lighter soon.
Just had a busy week and network keeps going in and out so I can't post often.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Okay, I think I caught up with my last two projects enough to work on this again.
After all, Alaric needs a more mature woman now that he is aging...lol.
Will be posting images as I work.

Edit to ask:do you think I should make the arms and legs a little wrinkly or leave them alone.
Most women don't get wrinkles on the arms or legs until they are much older.
Maybe just a slight wrinkled appearance on the neck?

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Health-wise the doctor is setting me and my brother up with Virtual Care and sending the nurse out Monday with all the gadgets we'll need.
She will show us how to set it up and show my daughter how to use it and send reports to the doctor on-line.
This way he can get a better picture of what is going on with us.

3D wise, I am not rushing the newer texture things I have going, just easing in there to do a bit at a time.
Alaric II is in the testing stage here with the QUV team and i will just be patient on that. :)

I am thinking that soon I may try to get someone to team up with me to convert some of my other textures from V4 and M4 to work on Dusk and Dawn.
A partner may just be what I need to get things rolling good and take off some of the load.
There is one texture I'd like on Dusk but unfortunately it is on Kelvin for Poser...sigh.

RobZhena

Adventurous
[QUOTE="I am thinking that soon I may try to get someone to team up with me to convert some of my other textures from V4 and M4 to work on Dusk and Dawn.
A partner may just be what I need to get things rolling good and take off some of the load.
There is one texture I'd like on Dusk but unfortunately it is on Kelvin for Poser...sigh.[/QUOTE]

I don't have situational awareness, but couldn't you produce a working Dusk (or Dawn) texture from any cr2 using Texture Transformer?

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Texture Transformer nor Texture converter do not have a Kelvin file to work from.
They need to set it up so the maps match or something like that.
I can do a M3 to M4 to Dusk and so on, but not with Kelvin.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Before I finish this one up, would anyone be interested in a couple of second skins for her?
I can do a pair of jeans and top, a pair of shorts and top and two sets of bras and undies.
I have the textures set up just needing some tweaks on the tops to make it look better.
If not I will just finish the main set and get it ready for some testers.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I haven't forgotten this lady.
Just been busy with medical stuff and other projects.
Her Poser set is finished but now I'm having a problem on the DS set.

It takes so long just to do a test image to see if settings are good...sigh.
And I need to learn about Iray as well.

There won't be a Superfly set since I don't have Poser 11 and don't know when I'll ever be able to get it.
As soon as I am up to it I will pose an image or two of the finished Poser set.
The DS set will be awhile yet.
I am just not too good in DS yet. :)

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Okay, the finished texture for Poser set.
I added a slight aging morph just for show, otherwise she just looks like a twenty-something with light wrinkles.
This is just two of her options, there are two eyeliner sets and three make-up options.
Her body texture has no signs of aging because I find that most women do not show saggy skin on the body till they are well over 70 or 80 for some reason.
I'm seventy and just recently started getting little age lines on my skin and saggy skin on my arms.
My face sags at the jawline and above the eyes.
No deep wrinkles on my face.
So I thought this texture represents slightly older women better this way.
Soon I'll post some DS images.
Click image for larger view.

Mature Lady-04.jpg Mature Lady-05.jpg

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Here is a DAZ Studio render with Iray render but 3DL settings and a 3DL render with 3DL setting.
A big difference even with the same lighting on them.
I really, really need to learn how to do an Iray setting for her.
click the image to see full size.

BirkittaDawn-in-DS.jpg