• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Yes the PFE would work. Unfortunately, my latest version of DS is DS 4.0, so if they're in DUF format, it won't read them.

skylab

Esteemed
Come to think of it, it was probably DS 3 the last time I used the PFE. It still works, but then that was before .duf....do .duf format is the issue. So Poser stuff will work in DS, but not the other way around. I guess you saw the Genesis 3 to Poser utility in Rendo free stuff. I downloaded it, but didn't try it because I haven't re-installed DS 4.9 yet.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
The Genesis 3 in Poser utility is specifically for Poser 11, I believe.

And yes, you are correct. Most Poser content will function inside of Studio. Studio content, for the most part, does not function inside Poser without the help of the DSON converter, which is imperfect at best.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I don't do Genesis other than the original, which I work with in DS 4.0.

Which version did they switch from .dsa to .duf format on? I have to admit, I thought the .duf format came in with DS 4.0... but then I could be mistaken, as my previous forays into DS ended with 3.x-something or other, and the next time I tried DS we were on DS 4.3.

skylab

Esteemed
The last version I purchased was DS 3 Advanced....some time passed and next thing you know, it was version 4 and being given away for free...but it seems to me that the .duf thing came a little later, after Genesis 1 was released. I may be wrong, but I can remember seeing discussions on the forum about .duf when it first came out. Pendraia would know, because she was one of the people who used to discuss it.

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Pen...that's what I thought...it was like a big deal at the time, like switching mid stream. I have DS 4.6 installed, so it was well before then, when I was first getting some Genesis 2 stuff. Was DS4 when Genesis was first introduced? If so, then it must have been around 4.2 or so.

skylab

Esteemed
Maybe I can try googling it...I know it happened during the brief time when I wasn't using DS at all, then I got back in the loop at 4.6

skylab

Esteemed
Finally got the Last Supper converted. I think the poses are working...and fall into place on screen when applied, just remember it's a wide scene, so character 1 goes to the far left on purpose :)

DS4 M4 LAST SUPPER

DS4 MH LAST SUPPER.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Well, I just noticed the first subtle change in RDNA forum...the editing feature for posts has been removed, so I wouldn't be able to update lists over there now either. Good timing that I got things out of there when I did, as it takes entering in through the editing feature in order to grab the links. The free stuff thread is still intact, but I did notice that feature has been disabled.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Ah, well I use the PFE all the time in 4.8, so no worries about it working.

And yikes, Sky. That set of poses is a helluva lot of work!

Miss B

CV-BEE
I thought it was DS4. something. The original Genesis items were .updated to duf from memory...
Yes, but originally it was .dsf format for DS 4.0. It was a later version where they changed it to .duf format. In fact, at one point I had a beta of DS 4.1, and that was already using .duf format.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I only have DS 4.0 on this laptop. Well, and my DS 3 Advanced, but 4.0 is the only DS 4 version I currently have.

Miss B

CV-BEE
True. As I said DS 4.1 beta had DUF, but there really wasn't any official "public" update from the first DS 4.0 until DS 4.5, so yes that's when end users were introduced to DUF.

I might have upgraded if I had been at all interested in Genesis 2, but I wasn't, so I stuck with DS 4.0 for my Genesis 1 products.