• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Todays Weather where you live?

eclark1894

Visionary
Just had a hurricane here with a name I can't pronounce. Fortunately for me I'm a good ways inland. We still had a lot of rain, but the wind, as far as I know, never topped 45 mph. here. Near the coast though, I'm told it was over 70 to 80 mph.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
The yard is a sea of branches and tree tops... this is really going to suck to clean up.
When I went out late this afternoon, I saw quite a number of branches had come down around here, as well as a lot of twigs and leaves everywhere. It almost made walking difficult. No full trees down here, at least none that I could see, but I suspect you guys out on Long Island got it a lot worse than we did here in the City.

Terre

Renowned
Good to hear that you guys came through safe despite the winds.
Sunny here. We had a decent rain Sunday night.

McGyver

Energetic
Pennsylvani?… I thought LisaB was in Pantsylvania...
Or was it Transylvania?...
Actually, originally I thought it was a really foresty part of New Jersey...
Pantsylvania I always confuse with Pennsylvania because both are mythical lands which I’m not too welcome in anymore... I know one has those Amish gladiator arenas and the other has the vampires, but I forget which... Transylvania is easy to remember because that’s where Hershey chocolate comes from...
I didn’t really take LisaB for the vampire type though... or her living in one of those drafty castles on a mountain top... Which how I always remember Pennsylvania being... which I used to think was spelled “Pencilvania“ and explains why when I was little I always equated pencils with Dracula and was afraid to leave my pencils lying around at night.
How I came to think of her living in New Jersey is a really interesting story that involves a goat and two cases of pineapples... wait, no... that was the thing at the convent... No... me thinking she was from New Jersey was probably because I thought I read her saying that, but maybe she was just saying she didn’t want to live in New Jersey and was glad the witness protection program placed her where she currently lives and not where her old gang members might recognize her...
Or I could be mistaken entirely.
Sometimes I combine details a little... so I’ll just except for now that she is one of those sparkly “Twilight” kinda vampires who lives in Pennsylvania.
But that’s not actually why I visited this thread...
First I hope everyone is okay and didn’t blow away or get bitten by vampires...
and second, today I drove around our area and realized that my neighborhood really got hammered, but the surrounding areas and nearby towns look mostly fine.
There are a lot of areas without power, but not that much bad damage.
Meanwhile my street looks like someone pissed off godzilla, but a few blocks south, there are mostly just branches down here and there... actually a few blocks south are million dollar waterfront homes, so for all I know those neighborhoods probably had teams of professional beavers and lumberjacks cutting up and hauling away all the storm debris last night.
Millionaires are such picky jerks.
Well... that’s all...
I hope everyone is doing well...
See ya’ later.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Actually, originally I thought it was a really foresty part of New Jersey...
You know what McGyver, now that I think about it, I think you're right. Lisa lives somewhere in New Jersey, not Pennsylvania. I'm not sure what made me think she was in Pennsylvania when I wrote my earlier post.

I'm just not sure where exactly in NJ she lives, other than it's not a large city.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Ohhhh right!!! I totally forgot folks were without power after the storm blew through. I saw my desk lamp flicker a couple of times, but that was about it for us here.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Currently its a nice 23 Celsius (around 3.30pm), not bad for a winters day :)

But what do you do when you're feeling a bit blue and needs some colour in your life? Why have a Unicorn Milkshake that's what!
Milkshake.jpg

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
haha it did! I had the shake and the bits around it and I'm saving the cupcake for tomorrow :)

McGyver

Energetic
So much to unpack here with that photo... mostly questions...
Is it a “Unicorn Milkshake”, or a Unicorn-milk Shake”?
How does one milk a unicorn?
What does unicorn taste like?
Is it like horse or more like narwhale... or a little of both?
Are the sugary sprinkles on the outside of the cup suppose to be edible?
How do you hold the cup and eat them?
Is the cup edible?
Isn’t the whole thing a bit of a choking hazard?
Do the sprinkles make the cup sticky?
Is that some kind of frosting they are stuck to, or perhaps double sided tape?
Is the tape edible too?
How does one lick the side sprinkles off without the cupcake getting in their eye?
Do they filter the unicorn fur out or is it like an orangutan shake where there is lots hair in it?
Was the unicorn blue or is that the blood/body fluid like how flamingo shakes are pink?
Has the alicorn (the horn) been hollowed out for use as a straw?
Do you feel the horn bestowed upon you any magical regenerative powers or resistance to poison?

Okay... sorry that was too many questions to ask at once...
Right?
Sorry, that was another question.
You don‘t have to answer any of those, especially if they are too personal or classified information above my clearance level.
That photo of the cup brought back lots of psychedelic memories I’ve already forgotten since they came back a few moments ago, but now I’m both intrigued and frightened by these prospects.
I think I was fine up until I saw the sprinkles... They are colorful and add a promise of a magical experience to the cup... the horn adds the promise of an eye poking, but overall that’s probably magical too...
I‘ve never had anything but mouse droppings stuck to the side of a milkshake cup and those aren’t nearly as colorful... there are a few red ones here and there, but mostly they are shades of brown and black.
Well, just ignore all this... I suppose some mysteries are better left to the imagination.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I love your posts McGyver :D

I'll try and answer:
Is it a “Unicorn Milkshake”, or a Unicorn-milk Shake”? - Definitely the first
How does one milk a unicorn? What does unicorn taste like? Is it like horse or more like narwhale... or a little of both? - The milk is Lactose-Free Cows milk, the unicorn magic is just that - magic :)
Are the sugary sprinkles on the outside of the cup suppose to be edible? Is the cup edible? - Yes they are, everything except the cup/lid and straw is edible.
How do you hold the cup and eat them? - hold at the bottom like a normal cup, when everything is off the lid turn sideways and eat sprinkles (with spar hand underneath to catch any of the naughty ones trying to escape.
Isn’t the whole thing a bit of a choking hazard? - not if you're careful
Do the sprinkles make the cup sticky? - no, as they are just around the top
Is that some kind of frosting they are stuck to, or perhaps double sided tape? Is the tape edible too? - The sprinkles around the top of the cup are held on by white chocolate, the ones on the lid is Buttercream Frosting.
How does one lick the side sprinkles off without the cupcake getting in their eye? - since I was driving I just drank the milkshake part, when I was home I took off the cupcake and put it in the fridge. Eat lollies first, then frosting and sprinkles on lid, then the ones on the cup, no eyes were damaged in the process.
Do they filter the unicorn fur out or is it like an orangutan shake where there is lots hair in it? - No fur, just magic
Was the unicorn blue or is that the blood/body fluid like how flamingo shakes are pink? - magic changed the milk to a purple blue, tasted like strawberries.
Has the alicorn (the horn) been hollowed out for use as a straw? - no, separate paper straw
Do you feel the horn bestowed upon you any magical regenerative powers or resistance to poison? - not sure about the poison, or regenerative powers but it did magically made me feel better :)

McGyver

Energetic
Ah, good... that cleared that up.
I feel better knowing no tasty unicorns were harmed in the making of that shake.
Not that it would have stopped me if it had be the contrary... The Flamingo Shake place lets you pick out your own flamingo to feed into the flamingo press... and despite the guilt only have two more holes to be punched in my Flamingo Shake card to get a free Deluxe Shake (Flamingo, Pelican and Toucan)... Very tasty but lately too much beak is getting through the filters, but it is a very beaky mix to begin with.

Hey fun unicorn facts... Unicorns most likely originated in India at the time of the Indus Valley civilization... the original depiction of the unicorns were more like Aurochs (ancestors of wild cattle) and they obviously weren’t called unicorns, but event the unicorn made its way into middle eastern mythology and the Persians customized them by sticking wings on they... The Greeks who heard of the unicorn from Persians, believed unicorns were 100% real and actually could be found in India which they (sorta) believed was an enchanted land... they combined the accounts of Indian rhinos with the Persian myths and decided to add them to their natural history literature.
The unicorn independently appears in Chinese mythology, but it’s more like a chimera made of multiple animals and supposedly fierce enough to eat tigers.

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
I almost want to know where I can get one of those shakes but at the same time I dont want the dentist bill that would follow lol

Miss B

CV-BEE
I know what you mean Dreamer, as my sweet tooth is aching just looking at it. ~cringe~

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
She unfortunately (depending on how you look at it) just opened the shop about 4 blocks away from my house lol
THE best cupcakes I can remember eating (I've had some great homemade ones but I can't remember the last time I bought one that I was happy with except these ones). She's only been opened 4 weeks, she's sold out each day way before her closing time so that she's had to make them with people waiting for them to cool enough to ice (frost). She's already had to upgrade the kitchen so she can pump more out. I was her first customer in the shop and she made over 5,000 cupcakes that day and was sold out in 3 hours.

Miss B

CV-BEE
There's a store near here that has wonderful cakes, cookies and the like, and if you want, you can order them the day before, and then pick them up the next morning. I used to do that when going to a friend's house for a visit (usually stayed overnight), as she, her husband, and mother-in-law are all diabetic, and this place has the most delicious sugar free apple turnovers. You would never know they were sugar free if there wasn't a sign saying they were, that's how good they are.

They had a large staff, so they were baking most of the day, but since I usually left around 11:00am for the hour trip to my friend's house, it made sense to pick them up on the way, and I never had to wait for them.