• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Todays Weather where you live?

McG.

Enthusiast
oh my little ROOM is the SE corner of the house. I have an 8,500 BTU 110vac LG Window unit stuck in a window, and I totally enjoy it!

Terre

Renowned
Window AC units have been known to fall and land on unsuspecting people causing a headache of terminal proportions. My landlord is the City and they have made such units illegal in all their properties. If you had such a unit there was an effort to replace it with a freestanding floor model earlier this spring. Otherwise; no air con for you.
OK, yes, in that situation window units would be a big problem. It sounds like they needed to do a better job of coming up with an alternative though.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Well, they predicted a bad storm for this evening, and they didn't lie. It got almost pitch black around 6:00pm, which is strange this time of year, when it usually doesn't get that dark until around 8:00pm.

It's thundering, there's lightning, and it's pouring rain. Not sure how long it'll last, but I'm hoping it'll bring down the humidity a little bit, though there's never any guarantee.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Thunder and Lightning finally left here a while ago. Not sure if it's still raining or not. Now it's dark because it's late.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
we had rain last week... so much we got flooded out... as if the bushfire season wasn't enough!

and it's coming again this weekend..... batten down the hatches!

Reactions: Jan

DanaTA

Distinguished
Isaias is heading up the coast tonight. It will pass through western Massachusetts tomorrow evening. On my side of the state, we'll mostly get the heavy winds. Eastern and upstate New York will get the heaviest rain, it looks like. What fun. :confused:

Dana

Miss B

CV-BEE
It's here in NY as I type this. It's been raining, and quite windy, here for a while now.

Miss B

CV-BEE
The rain didn't last long here, but we're still having very strong gusty winds.

DanaTA

Distinguished
Over in the Complaint Thread at DAZ forums, McGyver said there are already trees down in his neighborhood!

Diane went in to work today...45 minute drive from home. I asked her to be back by 5:00 pm. 4.15 she tells me she can't leave yet, things got delayed! :(

Dana

McGyver

Energetic
5B6CA611-25CB-478A-B278-BF4A37D2F533.jpeg

It was a little bit breezy before... if you consider 70-75 mph gusts a big deal.
That kinda sucks what happened up there... that was a really nice tree... made it through a lot bad storms and a couple hurricanes... now it’s really mangled... last summer it lost a third of its top, now its lost a third or more of what was left.
Power lines are down everywhere... almost every house in the neighborhood has lost a tree or the trees are totally mangled.
The yard is a sea of branches and tree tops... this is really going to suck to clean up.
Well, at least the tree didn’t fall on the house or the cars...

McGyver

Energetic
Over in the Complaint Thread at DAZ forums, McGyver said there are already trees down in his neighborhood!

Diane went in to work today...45 minute drive from home. I asked her to be back by 5:00 pm. 4.15 she tells me she can't leave yet, things got delayed! :(

Dana
I hope everyone is safe where you are... I think you are in Massachusetts and the storm was on track that way...
I hope the winds died down before they get to you.
We are on the south shore of Long Island (Atlantic side, verses the north with the Long Island Sound)... down here the winds tend to be different because were are near the ocean... so it’s hard to tell if we are seeing stronger winds or it’s the same everywhere.... either way, stay safe and far from trees... they seem very angry and crushy today.

DanaTA

Distinguished
I hope everyone is safe where you are... I think you are in Massachusetts and the storm was on track that way...
I hope the winds died down before they get to you.
We are on the south shore of Long Island (Atlantic side, verses the north with the Long Island Sound)... down here the winds tend to be different because were are near the ocean... so it’s hard to tell if we are seeing stronger winds or it’s the same everywhere.... either way, stay safe and far from trees... they seem very angry and crushy today.

Thank you! ACtually, I saw on the Boston 25 news at 6:00 that there was a very big tree down in Taunton. Oddly, there are no branches down in my back yard. Most storms that come through throw at least a couple branches down. Diane made it home safely. She said the power went out on the base (Newport where she works). Didn't even rain hard for very long here. The center of the storm was so far west of us that we didn't get as much wind as I thought we would. My niece and her family live in upstate New York ...I hope they're OK. It was Sunny here again before it started to set. Still a little breezy, but not bad at all. Glad you're safe! Too bad about the tree, though.

Dana

Miss B

CV-BEE
Lisa's in Pennsylvania, and even if she's on the east side of the state, I suspect she's probably too far west to get the brunt of the storm. I'm sure she probably had some rain and winds, but I doubt if she saw anything like here on the east coast.

The sun finally came out later in the afternoon, and I went out for a bit. It was cool, and the wind was still a bit gusty, but the humidity we've had for quite a while was finally gone.