• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Todays Weather where you live?

Aylaaenas_Evenwing

Adventurous
Currently 20c + Humidity at 94% (feels like 28c) and raining here in Hamilton Ont. T-Storms expected, with a risk of localized flooding in the region... 5th day in a row we've had either rain, or storms, or both. There were tornado watches issued a few days back... but we didn't get them where I am... they touched down further west and north of me...
Lucky you. Here it is cold for this time of the year. The weather changes every day from very hot to very cold next day.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
It's July in Los Angeles. Which pretty much says it all.

Actually, the breeze coming in the window is pleasingly temperate, but anything out in the direct sun would feel overly warm. I'll be avoiding the staircase until the railings have been in shade for a while.

Aylaaenas_Evenwing

Adventurous
It's July in Los Angeles. Which pretty much says it all.

Actually, the breeze coming in the window is pleasingly temperate, but anything out in the direct sun would feel overly warm. I'll be avoiding the staircase until the railings have been in shade for a while.
How lovely, I let my chance slip, to migrate to LA 2 years ago.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
The weather varies more than most people realize. But the chaparral has a different ecosystem from standard. Three seasons rather than four. (Wet, or rather, moist, dry, and fire.) The L.A. Basin rarely gets down to freezing, but we can count on catching a fair number of days over the year which are very uncomfortably hot.

Not as many as one would think. Apart from maybe July through September, a fan and open windows suffice in the absence of a/c. But the Santa Anas are something else and can happen pretty much ay time of year.

Aylaaenas_Evenwing

Adventurous
Yes I think you are right about that. But still, I remember my ex said that the weatherforecast thought it would snow a couple years ago in LA. Haha over there you hardly have snow

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Actually we do get snow in the foothills about once a decade. Of course, farther inland, in San Bernardino county there is snow every winter. In the San Bernardino mountains. Which are very professional-grade mountains, indeed. The San Gabriels and Santa Susanas look positively anemic next to them. And the Santa Monicas almost come across as a joke.

But, yeah, the only time I know for sure that it snowed in the flatlands (actually the San Gabriel Valley) was the winter of '48-'49. My mother has snapshots of me in the front yard with about 2 inches of snow on the ground.

Aylaaenas_Evenwing

Adventurous
Haha I have only been in LA, San Diego and Malibu. Also San fransisco. They are beautiful places. If the relationship didn't go sour lol I would probably have a mulberry stomach hahaha I so much love all the available berries over there. I miss them much here haha.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Yes, those are all three beautiful places. Santa Barbara is another. There's a real division in the area's "feel" along the San Andreas. West of that is the Pacific Rim, and, ironically, eastward is 'the West'.

They aren't even close to being the same. Even though they are both California.

Aylaaenas_Evenwing

Adventurous
Yes, those are all three beautiful places. Santa Barbara is another. There's a real division in the area's "feel" along the San Andreas. West of that is the Pacific Rim, and, ironically, eastward is 'the West'.

They aren't even close to being the same. Even though they are both California.
Yes such a wide landscape. The USA has such beautiful nature. I will be visiting again after the Corona debacle lol

Terre

Renowned
We had a good rain Saturday night.
As far as the rest of the year.... the difference between summer highs and winter lows is usually over 110F. Some snow most winters but not much. Mostly freezing but dry. Today got up to 102 and Saturday it's supposed to be 108. July on the southern High Plains.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Has been solid rain here all day. And ... the temperature has been below 80F! Tomorrow though, it will be back up to the 90s and humid.

I do love the rain though. It's one of the many things I miss about the Pacific Northwest.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Yes, we had horrific rain all day. There was a tropical storm coming up the East Coast the past few days, and it hit us today.

I think the sun finally came out for about 20-25 mins. around dinner time. Other than that the rain was producing a full sheet of water running down my kitchen window, which means it was windy as well. I'll find out the details in about 40 mins. during the nightly news.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Well, didn't get the whole report yet, but it appears we had around 2.5" of rain around here, and the wind gusts were up about 50mph. The wind is slowing down, but more rain is coming tomorrow. :rolleyes:

DanaTA

Distinguished
That one went west of where I live in Massachusetts! Passing over the Berkshires. We got a little rain from an outer "arm" of the storm, and may get some more overnight. But it will be out of here long before I get up in the morning. Sun will prevail.

Dana

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
We had 4 inches, with flooding. But Fay isn't expected to move out of our area until tonight. We are expecting "gusty thunderstorms" today.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Well, we had a 10 minute downpour while I was out today, but luckily it happened as I was walking past one of the restaurants that has outdoor seating, so I just ducked under the canopy and waited it out.

I remember that. In the 80s my husband and I were walking around the Village and the skies opened up. Seriously! When it rains there it really rains. We ducked into a coffee shop and got a coffee till it was over.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Heh! I'm remembering the summer I was in Britain for a month. Got caught in a cloudburst at Hatfield, I think. Soaked to the skin in something like 90 seconds.

Aylaaenas_Evenwing

Adventurous
That's very common l in Britain. First time I went there nobody was wearing socks in their shoes. I wondered why. Then the rain began. The streets where covered in water. Then it hit me hahaah