• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Todays Weather where you live?

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
The only other time that happened to me was here in L.A. -- the day a cyclone touched down, ripped some of the panels off the convention center, and bounced through Southeast L.A.

And let me tell you, cyclones are *rare* in SoCal.

(It happened to be the day that the British royals were in town, also. Not what they would have been expecting.)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
We had 4 inches, with flooding. But Fay isn't expected to move out of our area until tonight. We are expecting "gusty thunderstorms" today.
Yes, the weather report here isn't good for today either. Tomorrow is expected to be a lot nicer. ~hopefully~

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
It's not really rained at all today that I could tell. And while cloudy, it's not been dark. But it's been hot and humid. Tomorrow is expected to be 90F and humid. Not nice at all. I'd rather have cooling rain and thunderstorms. Unfortunately, with the dew point still high, it wasn't cooling rain.

Definitely time to move back to the Pacific Northwest, where the weather is reasonable. Especially on the western side of the Coast Range.

DanaTA

Distinguished
It's not really rained at all today that I could tell. And while cloudy, it's not been dark. But it's been hot and humid. Tomorrow is expected to be 90F and humid. Not nice at all. I'd rather have cooling rain and thunderstorms. Unfortunately, with the dew point still high, it wasn't cooling rain.

Definitely time to move back to the Pacific Northwest, where the weather is reasonable. Especially on the western side of the Coast Range.

When KyotoKid was still hanging in the complaint thread at DAZ recently, he was complaining that the weather there has not been normal all year. Dryer than usual, hotter than usual. You may want to rethink that.

Dana

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
All my family live in Oregon, so I'm not unaware that climate change has also affected the weather there, as with everywhere. But, it's still far better than Philadelphia! I frequently check the weather in Seattle and Portland, as well as Edinburgh in Scotland, and Nova Scotia since they are saved locations on my cell phone. Apparently, I like to torture myself.

The humidity in Philadelphia makes even a lower temperature day unpleasant. Worse, on the really bad humid days, it's even muggy and unpleasant indoors :(

So yes. I absolutely intend to return to the Pacific Northwest when I retire. My goal is the Oregon Coast which is always cooler than the Willamette Valley.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Worse, on the really bad humid days, it's even muggy and unpleasant indoors :(
Here in NY City as well. I hate those days. I can handle weather in the 90-92 range easily when the humidity is much lower, but once the numbers for temp and humidity are close to being the same, I suffer.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Everyone does. It's not common in L.A., but it happens. Tropical storms are tropical storms. Even if we don't usually get the rain that's supposed to be accompanying them.

Terre

Renowned
We could use a bit of that rain but you wouldn't want part of our heat in return. It's been 101 and higher since the 8th and that is expected through the 15th.

DanaTA

Distinguished
Judging by past experience, I'd rather be in desert at 101 than here in New England in 90! It's really true, the saying, "It's not the heat, it's the humidity!"

Dana

Miss B

CV-BEE
I agree. I have family in Arizona, and I always went to visit in June because it was hot, but not nearly as humid as it gets here on the East Coast. My parents waited until the end of the year, because they couldn't stand the heat, even though the humidity was so much lower.

theschell

Brilliant
Just came out of a heat-wave here... 44c or there about for almost 2 weeks straight and nearly 100% humidity... had all kinds of heat warnings and such... was horrid! Then we had storms that spawned tornadoes in Southern Ontario... 4 twisters in 4 different storms, thankfully not in my area at least, but still yikes!!!

Miss B

CV-BEE
Yikes, nearly 100% humidity??? That's worse than anything we've ever had down here in NY. o_O

parkdalegardener

Adventurous
Just came out of a heat-wave here... 44c or there about for almost 2 weeks straight and nearly 100% humidity... had all kinds of heat warnings and such... was horrid! Then we had storms that spawned tornadoes in Southern Ontario... 4 twisters in 4 different storms, thankfully not in my area at least, but still yikes!!!
We must be near by each other. I am in the city near the lake but I live in an old tower. No air con and not legally allowed to install one. Can't afford one of those fancy floor models AC units so I slowly melt day by day. Humidex. Nasty thing. tells me that although it is only 24 atm (6:55am), the humidex makes it feel like 29 already.

parkdalegardener

Adventurous
Window AC units have been known to fall and land on unsuspecting people causing a headache of terminal proportions. My landlord is the City and they have made such units illegal in all their properties. If you had such a unit there was an effort to replace it with a freestanding floor model earlier this spring. Otherwise; no air con for you.

Miss B

CV-BEE
We can't have window a/c units either, as the building isn't "coded" for it, BUT, this building was built back in 1957 with a/c unit enclosures built into a wall under a window. Something like the radiator, but under a different window. Needless to say, the a/c units were a different type than those placed in windows.

McG.

Enthusiast
Yesterday, here in the center of Texas panhandle (northern square chunk), we were treated to 109°F @ 10% humidity. Even with only the occasional puff of a breeze, it FELT like high 80's. I got in my Jeep GC to go to the store, and put jersey gloves on to keep the leatherette steering wheel cover from burning my hands. The console computer read 112F. Late at night, the humidity gets high, like in the 70's %, and occasional light showers. At this moment it's 83F @ 52% H. Very nice out! But will get HOT again this afternoon. Welcome to the edge of Texas desert country.