• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Stay Home - Spread Hope Render Challenge

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Loving all the renders :)

Welcome to the Hive, coelacanthropy & Alarka

Shanarah

Admirable
Here is my first render using some of these awesome gifts!

Sweet Dreams in the Spring Grove

In quest for some solitude, Sarovanya sneaks away from the Elven city and into the surrounding forest. He manages to find a quiet place beside a fallen tree where the warm sun breaks through the canopy and he can doze in peace.

Sarog3mSHSH.jpg

I used Fallen Tree, Greens for Fallen Tree and the very lovely Tulips! Always have loved Lisa's plants! :)

Also used Genesis 3 Male, Kimo 7 texture, Super Sleeky Hair, Kanzashi Hair, Bloodcrystal necklace for G3F, LumberJack for G2M, The Hunter for M4 and Woodgod M4. Additional grass is strandbased hair.

This piece is not only a celebration of and thank you for the wonderful gifts, but also a celebration of my character Sarovanya who has been with me for 17 years this year! :D At least he gets to enjoy the lovely weather!

Hornet3d

Wise
Welcome to the Hive Coelacanthropy, Alarka, Fairyfreakster and CathyY, the more the merrier. I hope you have a good time here I love the renders and look forward to seeing more.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Welcome to the HiveWire forums to all our recent new members from me as well. The renders you've all been uploading to this Render Challenge are great, and I'd love to see more. :)

Shanarah

Admirable
So many awesome renders guys! I love it! :) Just finished up my second.

Time is Never Wasted with a Good Book

Dawn is catching up on some reading during her time in isolation, while her little buddy enjoys her being home. A little reflection of my life so far this year, I've finished reading nine books since January even though I still have to report to work!

SHSHDawn.jpg

I used Elven Dawn for Sora textures for Dawn, HiveWire House Cat, Potted Palm and used Elfen Poses for Dawn, but tweaked them for my use.

I also used a couple other freebies, LAMH Presets for the HiveWire House Cat, Business Set for Dawn, Hip Jeans for Dawn and a backplate from HDRI Haven. And lastly I used Cafe Curls for G8F, Rural Chateau and Rural Chateau III.

I had a lot of trouble with this one for some reason. I set it up on my laptop and when I tried to load it on my PC for rendering, I kept getting errors about missing files and Dawn loaded like some kind of monster out of a horror film, or maybe the Elric brothers mother. I found work arounds for it and got to render it last night.

"Still Dreaming"

During her early days of freedom as a kitten, Penelope sometimes hunted dragonflies. Maybe she still does in her dreams.

As before the House Cat has Penelope's own texture. The scene includes the Fallen Tree, Greens for the Fallen Tree, Black-eyed Susans, elements of Gogmagog, and Dragonflies and Damselflies. Composed and Superfly rendered in Poser 11 Pro.

StillDreaming.jpg

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Welcome to the Hive, Contajen, Wizzard, CathyY, Fairyfreakster, Alarka - and whoever I might have missed!!

Thanks, all, for posting these!!